Finance Planning and Analysis Analyst
Are you interested in working with financial data and passionate about energy transformation and climate action? Do you enjoy problem solving, financial reporting, and analyzing data in order to drive better decision making? If yes, then join RMI’s Financial Planning & Analysis Team!
RMI is looking for a Finance FP&A Analyst. In this role, you be fully immersed in RMI Financial Data and will be part of a team providing senior management and executives with the analysis and information they need to make major operational, financial, and strategic decisions.
You should have strong interest in ad-hoc analysis and data and have strong communications skills to thrive in this position. Together with the Senior Manager and wider Accounting team, you will be responsible for assisting the annual budgeting process and monthly forecasting process. You will be involved in building out a customized system for optimized financial management at RMI, and in the process will develop very strong skills in systems management, report building, problem solving, and financial analysis. There will be ample room for growth in the role as the FP&A function evolves over time while RMI continues to grow overall.
The ideal candidate has a strong desire to make a difference in accelerating renewable energy and respond to the urgent climate crisis. The candidate will have opportunities to work with Programs at RMI to understand their unique financial issues and help them to execute RMI’s core mission.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis and will work closely with Programs to help them manage their financial performance.
- The Finance FP&A Analyst will act as a business partner to the Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis and the CFO, assisting with financial and KPI reporting and planning to help the programs meet goals and run more efficiently.
- Take over management of monthly Adaptive and OfficeConnect reporting packages to programs and ongoing maintenance.
- Manage all user accounts and permissions within Adaptive Insights.
- Field ad-hoc questions from Program Operations Leads.
- Build ad-hoc reports in Adaptive Insights to address needs from Program Operations Leads.
- Conduct trainings for all new users of Adaptive Insights.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategy of each program and how each uniquely operates and measures success. Contribute new ideas to reporting based on this research.
- Act as a stand in Program Operations Lead during times of turnover or of high need for Programs.
- Continually improve the quality and scalability of program reporting, analysis, planning, and relevant processes. Simplify wherever possible.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly decks for presentation and review with Programs of Financial Performance.
- Perform business case analysis to support decision making around the portfolio and new projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 2-3 years work experience in Accounting and/or Finance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Ability to think strategically, beyond the numbers
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to turn around high-quality work on tight deadlines under pressure.
- Positive, highly motivated, and flexible with changing deadlines and workloads
- Ability to work with multiple teams on multiple projects and deliver against wider organizational goals
- Understanding of nonprofit program operations helpful
- Customer-service mindset
Location : Remote (US Based)
Important Note: As a U.S. federal contractor, RMI must comply with requirements outlined Executive Order Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This Executive Order requires that all federal contractors and subcontractors mandate and verify that all U.S. based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are based in the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status as a condition of employment. You may request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you are based outside of the U.S., this requirement does not apply.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
· Generous PTO
· Learning & Development opportunities
· Parental leave
· Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
· Commuter and Wellness Benefits
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
· Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
· Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
· Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.