Analyst - Black Bear Energy (an RMI Affiliate)
Note: This opening is for Black Bear Energy and NOT RMI. Black Bear Energy is an RMI affiliate. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter/analysis project to email@example.com. Any applications submitted through this website will not be reviewed.
For more information on the organization, please visit: Black Bear Energy
This position will be responsible for the quantitative analysis and assessment of solar and storage opportunities within our client’s Commercial and Industrial portfolios. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver and have a proven interest in renewable energy. The analysis team values fresh ideas to increase process efficiency and is looking for a candidate that excels at thinking outside of the box and clearly communicating new ideas. The Analyst will work closely with multiple Energy Project Teams to ensure successful project development and execution.
1. Solar production and avoided utility cost modeling with Energy Toolbase and NREL’s PVWatts tools
2. Manage, maintain, and update property database
3. Energy Project financial modeling
4. Manage utility bill databases and assemble data for Client Operations team
5. Maintain utility rate escalation datasets
6. Discuss bid results with solar developers to understand their avoided utility cost of power estimates
7. Foster effective and positive business relationships with all parties throughout all project phases
8. Collaborate with Analysis and Software team to build projection tools that increase project efficiency
9. Closely follow industry trends and competitor activities, including regulatory/ financial incentives, power
pricing and structured financing transactions
10. Perform other duties as required
● Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills: excel and python proficiency preferred
● Self-starter with strong prioritization, communication and organizational skills; and the ability to quickly work into new tasks and accommodate new circumstances.
● The ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends.
● Proven ability to gather, validate, and analyze quantitative information with accuracy and reliability.
● Willingness to pick up the phone and call contacts when needed to solve problems.
● Attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality work product
● Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects.
● Ability to travel for conferences and team meetings up to 1 week a quarter, as required.
● Ability to perform duties in a collaborative, fast paced working environment.
● Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Salary and Benefits Information
● Annual Salary $65-70k based on qualifications
● Healthcare: Dental & Vision, Life Insurance, STD & LTD, parental leave,
● Financial: 401k Savings w 4% Match, 10% Annual Bonus dependent on Company Performance, annual stipend
for home office, cell phone, Education and Fitness
● TIme off: Quarterly mental health days, quarterly YAY days, Birthday PTO, 12 observed holidays, flexible PTO
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter/analysis project to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any applications submitted through this website will not be reviewed.