People Operations Lead- Global & Affiliate Workforce
People Operations Lead – Global & Affiliate Workforce
RMI is seeking an experienced generalist to support our global organization! This critical role will manage critical relationships across our eco-system of global employees, service providers, and affiliates.
We highly encourage individuals of underrepresented groups to apply!
The People Operations Lead, Global & Affiliate Workforce, will lead our immigration processes, manage our Professional Employer Organization (PEO), and support our affiliates and subsidiaries, and other HR special projects. They will be the relationship manager for our immigration counsel, PEO, and other vendors, ensuring a smooth process for our global workforce serviced by those providers. This position will report to the People Operations Manager and will work closely with other members of the People Operations Team, the Talent Acquisition Team, and our People Partners. We are a fast-moving team that models a growth mindset, creativity, and a focus on impact. Join us!
- Lead RMI’s immigration processes, communicating and collaborating closely with People Partners, managers, and employees to ensure that the U.S. visa and green card process is smooth and efficient.
- Partner with our immigration counsel, Fragomen, to manage the visa initiation/renewal and green card caseload of 60-100 employees, acting as a bridge and ensuring a smooth and positive employee experience.
- Identify and collaborate on process improvement initiatives in our immigration process, making sure all visa/green card documentation/policies are up to date, accessible, and easy to understand for RMI employees.
- Work in partnership with other members of the People Team to ensure there is a smooth transition between recruitment and onboarding for employees requiring a visa.
- Manage and submit monthly invoices for immigration matters.
Affiliates, Subsidiaries, and Special Projects (~25%)
- Partner with People Partners on discovery and planning the scope of RMI People Team support for incoming “spin-in” and outgoing “spin out” Affiliates and Subsidiaries.
- Create People Team service agreements with Affiliates and Subsidiaries elements to ensure clarity, compliance, and timeliness.
- Work closely with People Partners in supporting affiliate and subsidiary partners on people-related needs.
- Shape and coordinate other People Operations and general HR projects that align with our goal of providing a smooth and equitable employee experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Employer Organization (PEO) Management (~25%)
- Lead RMI’s PEO processes, including managing the relationship with the PEO, answering all employee questions, and ensuring positive employee experience.
- Draft, approve, and manage all PEO employee contracts.
- Analyze employee feedback and make recommendations on PEO benefits, and any enhancements RMI could provide PEO employees.
- Identify and collaborate on process improvement initiatives in our PEO process, making sure all PEO documentation/policies are up to date, accessible, and easy to understand for RMI employees.
- Work in partnership with other members of the People Team to ensure there is a smooth transition between recruitment and onboarding for employees entering the PEO.
- Partner with RMI teams to manage monthly invoices for the PEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent to 5 years' experience in global People Operations/HR
- Experience with a globally disbursed workforce strategy
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical skills, with advanced Excel proficiency
- Proficiency in other Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience in Human Capital Management systems
- Experience using discretion with handling confidential information
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong orientation to employee experience and customer -level customer experience
- Experience supporting immigration and/or PEO processes
- Experience with merger and acquisition HR support models and delivery
- Relationship management experience with immigration and/or PEO partners
We are a remote-ready company with team members around the globe. Our beautiful and welcoming offices are available for meetings or focused work, whether you are traveling through or living nearby. Our U.S. offices are in New York City; Washington DC; Oakland, California; Boulder, Colorado, and Basalt, Colorado.
We provide you with the essential IT equipment plus a one-time home technology payment and a monthly work from home/commuter allowance to ensure you have a comfortable home office set up and necessary supplies.
We love seeing each other in person! We occasionally gather for shared time together like retreats and learning experiences. Be ready to travel for occasional in-person meetings (and of course, we cover travel costs). Some roles may require more travel, which will be discussed during the hiring process.
- RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, new People Operations Leads join at the minimum to mid salary range of $70,000- $82,000. You would also have an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.