RMI seeks a Paralegal to join its growing team to provide legal services support on a wide variety of matters handled by RMI’s Legal team. This position is for an articulate, eager, detail-oriented, and highly qualified Paralegal with at least 5 years’ experience who is passionate about the energy transition, wants to help create positive impact, and thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and agile work environment.
We highly encourage individuals of underrepresented groups to apply!
The Paralegal will be a full-time in-house paralegal who will report to the Legal Director and work closely with the Legal Director, General Counsel, and other staff as needed. The ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated, business-minded, solutions-oriented paralegal who enjoys operating autonomously and can comfortably manage multiple projects and competing priorities. This person brings systems thinking, extraordinary judgment, integrity, and interpersonal skills to a role that will collaborate closely with others throughout the organization.
- Work across various program areas to support them with all types of legal needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Draft and review various contracts, internal policies, and corporate organizational and operational documents
- Draft and file documents for corporate formations and entities
- Draft and file lobbying and other related reports including lobbyist registrations
- Assist in due diligence reviews for various mergers or acquisitions
- Provide administrative support to Legal team, including monitoring and managing deadlines, and communications with outside legal counsel
- Monitor and ensure timely responses to pending legal requests
- Research legal issues
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree or completion of a paralegal program
- Minimum of 5 years of transactional paralegal experience
- Excellent technical, organizational, analytical and communications skills
- Whole systems approach to problem solving
- Experience in or knowledge of nonprofit law will be helpful
- The ability to quickly master and integrate legal, business, technical, and practical analysis
- Desire and ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is preferred that these roles be located at one of our offices in New York City, Oakland, CA, Washington D.C., Basalt, CO, or Boulder, CO. This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
Important Note: As a U.S. federal contractor, RMI must comply with requirements outlined Executive Order Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This Executive Order requires that all federal contractors and subcontractors mandate and verify that all U.S. based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are based in the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status as a condition of employment. You may request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you are based outside of the U.S., this requirement does not apply.
RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, a new RMI Paralegal based in the U.S. join at the minimum to mid-salary range of $63,000-$74,000. You would also have an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Generous PTO
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Parental leave
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future for all.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.