Social Media Community Engagement Lead
Social Media Community Engagement Lead
Are you an experienced social media lead with a passion for the energy transition? Are you able to listen to and analyze conversations on social to identify influencers and opportunities to show thought leadership and impact? If yes, then join RMI’s Influence Team, the in-house communications and marketing team for a leading global nonprofit focused on the clean energy transition!
We highly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply!
RMI is seeking an experienced, innovative Social Media Community Engagement Lead to manage our community engagement for RMI’s main social media and community channels. The ideal candidate is a highly innovative, motivated individual who will help the brand grow its footprint across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram (and possibly more channels to come), both paid and organic, to drive engagement with targeted audiences, influencers, and partners and grow RMI’s social community.
The ideal candidate enjoys interacting with our followers and nurturing our social media communities, whether in niche LinkedIn groups, during livestreams, or in the comments section. They can spot emerging social media trends and test them with a growth mindset and mentality. They have proven experience optimizing ROI across social channels and will be responsible for assisting in executing our social media strategy, which is reflective of RMI’s brand and business goals, to engage key audiences and leads across our target industries and segments.
The Social Media Community Engagement Lead is an integral member of RMI’s Influence Team and will work closely with our program marketers and the communications team to execute social media campaigns that engage and motivate our audiences. A strong desire to make a difference in accelerating the adoption of renewable energy and tackling climate change is preferred.
This position reports to the Social Media Manager and will work closely with the media relations, creative, storytelling, and marketing teams. This individual will also work closely with the Social Media Content Lead.
Remote or based at an office location in New York, NY; Washington, DC; Boulder, CO; Basalt, CO; Oakland, CA
- Follow social media strategies and best-practices style guide to emphasize distribution against core messaging priorities, increase reach, and deepen audience engagement aligned with RMI’s brand goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including communications and marketing experts embedded in programs, to maximize reach of RMI’s brand-level social media efforts and ensure amplification across programmatic campaigns, channels, and teams.
- Bolster employee advocacy by providing guidance and training to ensure that every RMI employee feels empowered to contribute to and amplify RMI’s brand.
- Effectively use audience segmentation and ad optimization resources to fully capitalize on earned and paid reach and results.
- Employ social media metrics reports and social listening data to inform data-driven social strategies and tactics and deliver ongoing recommendations to the team to enhance our digital marketing efforts and social media reach.
- Monitor and respond to community interactions important to RMI and partner initiatives.
- Collaborate with the media relations and storytelling teams to monitor and identify breaking climate or energy news stories for RMI to respond to.
- Collaborate with the media relations and storytelling teams to identify influential energy and climate journalists active on social media to support ongoing media outreach efforts.
- Review and report on social media analytics to quantify and qualify effectiveness of social media content and campaigns.
- Create and deliver social media analytics reports to internal stakeholders on content performance.
- Support the Social Media Manager with their work as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or related field.
- Thorough understanding of the social media landscape, including channels, best practices, and audiences.
- Three years of social media marketing experience in a fast-paced environment, with agency experience preferred.
- Extensive experience with social media publishing tools, particularly Sprout Social and Meltwater (posting, listening, analytics).
- Excellent messaging and storytelling skills and ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives.
- Strong strategy, problem solving, storytelling, and presentation skills.
- Experience with understanding social analytics and building actionable reports.
- Experience developing and maintaining social media content partnerships.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: energy, climate change, policy, or the broader energy transition.
- Demonstrated ability to champion projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to operate on both analytical and creative levels.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal/collaborative skills to interact with staff and internal clients at all organizational levels, as well as with external partners.
- Self-starter with an ability to work under ambiguity and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- An intense drive for results and impact.
- Understanding of wider digital marketing and earned media tactics and analytics including web, media, and newsletter metrics.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Parse.ly, Cision, Meltwater, and Pardot software.
This position will remain remote until it is safe to return to one of our offices in New York City, Washington D.C., Oakland, CA, Boulder, CO or Basalt, CO. This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
Important Note: As a U.S. federal contractor, RMI must comply with requirements outlined Executive Order Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This Executive Order requires that all federal contractors and subcontractors mandate and verify that all U.S. based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are based in the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status as a condition of employment. You may request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you are based outside of the U.S., this requirement does not apply.
RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, new Operations Leads based in the U.S. join at the minimum to mid-salary range of $55,000- $67,000. You would also have an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment that promotes work-life balance
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.