Project Management Lead
Project Management Lead
Are you a project management professional with a passion for the energy transformation? Do you have experience managing and or executing software projects involving stakeholders across multiple departments in a matrixed organization? Do you have experience in software Change Management? If yes, then join our Program Services Team!
Individuals from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply!
RMI is seeking a Project Management Lead with software project experience, exceptional organizational and communication skills with 1-3 years’ experience in the discipline. In this role, you will work closely with key stakeholders across all levels of the organization. This individual, on the Program Services Team, will report to a Technical Project Manager and is responsible for software focused project execution and software Change Management efforts. Responsiveness to business priorities is critical along with an eye for continuous improvement and supporting a quickly scaling company.
- Works closely with the Program Services Technical Project Manager on active projects across all performance domains.
- Responsible for independently executing and or managing complex projects, many software support focused, in cross-organizational programs.
- Responsible for developing Change Management Plans and tailoring them as needed with active collaboration of Operational and Programmatic staff.
- Responsible for supporting the development of Change Management throughout the organization and engaging a diverse set of stakeholders from Operations to Programs.
- Execute against aggressive schedules, while holding teams and individuals accountable to timelines and deliverables without direct or explicit authority.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and track activities required to ensure organizational projects are completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals.
- Provide direct communication to management and key stakeholders on progress, opportunities, and issues along with identification and recommended remediation for institutional bottle necks.
- Listen to the voice of the customer to ensure deliverables address needs.
- Ability to support and or lead predictive, adaptive or hybrid project development approaches based on the situational need.
- Champion PMBOK project management best-practices.
- Work collaboratively across all RMI departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience and 1-3 years in a Project Management and/or Scrum role, OR Project Management Certified with demonstrated project-related experience.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- 1-3 years’ experience with leading Change Management.
- 1-3 years’ experience with leading or executing software projects.
- A documented history of successfully executing projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Good judgment and strong decision-making ability
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with senior staff in various organizations and governments
- Passion for the mission of RMI
- Strong team and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Experience with Non-Profit model is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to perform duties in a collaborative, unstructured working environment, strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, strong analytical and quantitative skills and strong problem-solving skills required.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality, balanced with the ability to execute quickly and efficiently.
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is expected that candidates will live near one of RMI’s U.S. locations in Boulder or Basalt, Colorado, New York City, Washington, DC, or Oakland, California.
Important Note: As a U.S. federal contractor, RMI must comply with requirements outlined Executive Order Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This Executive Order requires that all federal contractors and subcontractors mandate and verify that all U.S. based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are based in the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status as a condition of employment. You may request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you are based outside of the U.S., this requirement does not apply.
RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, new Project Management Leads based in the U.S. join at the minimum to mid-salary range of $63,000- $74,000. You would also have an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Parental leave
- Learning & development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.