People Operations Lead- Total Rewards
People Operations Lead - Total Rewards
Are you an experienced People Operations professional with a passion for creating an unparalleled employee experience? Are you self-driven with a growth mindset? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, agile, team environment? Are you motivated to make an impact no matter the task? If so, then join our team!
RMI is seeking a People Operations Lead, specializing in Total Rewards to join our growing People Team. Reporting to the People Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and contribute to multiple workstreams within the people operations function. This role will manage benefits, compensation and leave of absence, as well as bringing a compliance mindset to help RMI continue to scale in size globally.
- Develop RMI’s Total Rewards strategy, including planning, designing, implementing, and regularly refreshing a comprehensive total rewards strategy and programs
- Lead the compensation planning processes; ensure consistency, compliance, and support of the company’s program and strategy; support the administration of merit and bonus program
- Engage with People Partners to advise on compensation decisions, including benchmarking new jobs through active participation and use of compensation database subscription
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of all employee Benefits programs, such as group health, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, retirement, COBRA, and rewards and recognition programs
- Lead RMI’s annual benefit open enrollment. Participate in renewal meetings with benefit broker
- Present RMI’s Benefits to new hires, and act as the first point of contact for all employee benefits and compensation questions
- Develop and manage RMI employee wellness, rewards, and recognition programs
- Process and keep accurate records of leave of absences such as parental leave, FFCRA, FMLA and accommodations
- Partner with Payroll to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing
- Lead compliance initiatives, including EEO-1 reporting, Affirmative Action Planning (AAP), harassment training and any other employment-related requirements in partnership with our external employment counsel, including driving HR process and policy creation and documentation
- Play a key role in supporting RMI’s Crisis Management Team (CMT)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration or related field
- 4 to 6 years' experience in one or more Total Rewards areas (Compensation, Benefits, Wellness) or a combination of experience in Total Rewards and other People Operations and/or HR Generalist roles
- Sound knowledge of the Regulatory and Legislative imperatives and impacts related to Total Rewards programs (FLSA, Sec 125, ERISA, 409A, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experience with vendor-relations and multi-state and global employers preferred
- Knowledge and practical application of HR practices and US employment law
- Solid written and verbal communicator with proven experience influencing and collaborating cross-functionally, ideally with dispersed teams
- Strong computer and analytical skills required (Microsoft products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to gather data, analyze and prepare reports
- Prior experience in Human Capital Management systems
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues as they arise
- Employee experience and service mindset
- Strong attention to detail, organization and the highest standards for accuracy and execution
- Growth mindset - desire to continue to improve, simplify, scale new and existing processes, and professional growth
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is expected that this role be located at one of our offices in New York City, Washington D.C., Oakland, CA, Basalt or Boulder, CO. This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
RMI compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. Typically, new Lead’s based in the U.S. join at the minimum to mid salary range of $70,000-$82,000. You would also have an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.