Summer 2022 Internship - Program Services
Develop Your Future with RMI!
Do you love solving dynamic problems, thinking in numbers and working in groups? Do you also have the self-motivation, curiosity, creativity and ability to persuade others toward meaningful results? Are you passionate about making the world a better place? If yes, then be an RMI intern this summer!
Individuals from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply!
Full consideration will be given to applications received by January 25th, 2022.
We will not start the application review process until January. Due to the large number of applications received, it may take 8 weeks from the time we start reviewing to receive a response. We are working diligently and appreciate your patience.
Internships are 11-12 weeks in duration with the option to start on May 16th, 2022 or June 20th 2022.
If you have issues submitting your application or uploading your documents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email shortly after you apply confirming your application has been received - this can go to spam, so please be sure to check there if it is missing.
Your project with the Program Services team could include the following types of work:
The Program Services team within RMI’s Operations function focuses on a variety of areas such as continuous improvement, process documentation, project management, knowledge management, some system support (I.e. Salesforce) and strategic implementation of Institute projects. As RMI scales, the Operations team needs to ensure the Institute can effectively and efficiently work. The Program Services team helps to lead process improvement approaches, driving a culture of continuous improvement while also supporting RMI’s programmatic staff. As an intern, your project will support this mission by helping Operations scale. You will coordinate with other departments, conduct needs assessments, plan, implement, evaluate, train, and support change management across the institute.
What you can expect to gain:
• Specific skills and knowledge related to a career in operations
• Work experience with a well-respected mission driven organization focused on sustainable energy
• Exposure to cross functional teams at the institute such as finance, grant management, IT, development, communications, and programs
• A chance to hone practical, non-technical skills including:
o Working in cross-functional teams
o Effective communication and storytelling
o Project and time management
o Application of continuous improvement
o Creative approaches to problem solving and analysis
o Independently driving and owning a work stream
o Presentation skills
o A chance to “test drive” a career with RMI
· Applicants should be pursuing a business graduate or undergraduate degree
· Understanding of continuous improvement concepts and methodologies
· Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
· Strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
· Attention to detail and exceptional accuracy
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Monday.com, Concur, Power BI, and/or Salesforce
· Passion for RMI’s mission
· Team-oriented mentality
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and communicate well with colleagues from multiple departments and disciplines
· Intense curiosity
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Willingness to plunge into unfamiliar disciplines
· Creativity and willingness to take risks by exploring and testing new ideas
· Passion for making the world better
Interns will either be asked to work in the same office as your immediate supervisor (Boulder, CO for this role) if conditions are agreed to be safe by all parties or the internship will otherwise be offered remotely – details to be determined as more is known about the COVID-19 global pandemic. All our U.S.-based internships were successfully conducted remotely in Summer 2021.
Important Note: As a U.S. federal contractor, RMI must comply with requirements outlined Executive Order Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This Executive Order requires that all federal contractors and subcontractors mandate and verify that all U.S. based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are based in the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status as a condition of employment. You may request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you are based outside of the U.S., this requirement does not apply.
Office locations: New York City, New York; Washington, D.C.; Oakland, California; Boulder or Basalt, Colorado; Beijing, China
** We will be staffing interns in Beijing. If you are interested in working on our China project in Beijing, please explicitly mention this on your cover letter.
Each intern will be paid $20.00 per hour (or equal to, dependent on academic funding participation).
· 403(b) Retirement Options - Must work 24+ hours/week to be eligible
· Paid Company Holidays
· Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Be sure to answer why you are considering RMI for an internship in this document.
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
· Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
· Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
· Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut GHG emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.