Senior Manager of Program Operations
Are you an experienced people leader with a passion for the energy transformation? Do you have experience managing large complex teams involving stakeholders across multiple departments? Are you a self-starter with strong time management and organizational skills? If yes, then join our Program Services Team!
RMI is seeking a Senior Manager of Program Operations with exceptional organizational and communication skills. In this role, you will work closely with key stakeholders across all levels of the organization. This individual, on the Program Services Team, is responsible for managing a large cohort of Program Coordinators across the company. Responsiveness to business priorities is critical along with an eye for continuous improvement and supporting a quickly scaling company.
We highly encourage individuals of underrepresented groups to apply!
- Lead and manage a growing Program Coordinator Team of between 10-15 people, direct oversight over Program Coordinator Leads
- Provide outstanding leadership and motivation to the team while driving accountability
- Help drive high-performance culture and an inspiring environment aligned with RMI’s Operations teams
- Provide leadership and mentorship role on the Program Services team
- Provide team members with clarity around their roles and responsibilities, ensure training is delivered, and ensure feedback is being provided regularly
- Execute against aggressive schedules, while holding teams and individuals accountable to timelines and deliverables
- Partner with Program Services Manager and Trainer to ensure Program Coordinators are receiving the right training required for their role
- Partner with Program Services Process and Project Manager to ensure program coordinator processes are documented correctly and accessible
- Participate in various leadership and team meetings, and lead regular team meetings for own team to effectively cascade messaging and communicate key business and team updates
- Work collaboratively across all RMI Departments
- Provide direct communication to senior leadership on Program Coordinator team’s progress, opportunities and issues along with identification and recommended remediation for institutional bottle necks
- Listen to the voice of the customer to ensure program coordinator function addresses needs of Operations Leads and Program leadership team
Threshold/ Workforce Management
- Partner with Program MD’s to ensure consistent experience and right fit within programs
- Partner with People Team and Program MD’s to recruit Program Coordinators, as necessary
- Manage the rotation of coordinators, if necessary, across Programs
- Proactively monitor Program Coordinator cohort health and assist program leadership with risk mitigation, escalation, and right-sizing
- Integrating and maintaining the necessary processes, best practices, systems, tools, technology, and standards for effective and quality Operations efforts in partnership with Operation leads and IT leads
- Ensure team is delivering a high quality customer experience through Customer Feedback analysis and Quality Experience review
- Track team delivery on commitments using project plans, Gantt charts, burndown charts and other visual methods and track team velocity and other performance metrics to ensure accuracy of future planning
- Leverage data, analytics and insights on customer needs to proactively identify and execute ways to get more value from Program Coordinator services
- Continually improve the value framework to drive organizational awareness and education
- Empower and support program coordinators to facilitate continuous improvement activities
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of Operations or People leadership, ideally in energy or climate
- 2+ years of managing a larger organization
- Clear, strategic thinker with a wide range of Operations strategies that you can employ or manage to achieve goals.
- Proven ability to provide leadership, mentorship and build an internal culture
- Able to sustain focus on key priorities in a demanding environment of growth and change, while being responsive and nimble when needed and appropriate.
- Can thrive in ambiguous situations and operate effectively, even when the way forward is not clear
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed corporate environment across various teams, influence and partner across a large organization and drive change, and promote a culture of collaboration across organizational boundaries to facilitate growth of the business
- Comfortable partnering with a variety of teams from technical to creative
- Must exhibit superb verbal and written communication skills with a high degree of comfort interpreting results and communicating insights effectively
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Good judgment and strong decision-making ability
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with senior staff in various organizations and governments
- Passion for the mission of RMI
- Strong team and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to perform duties in a collaborative, unstructured working environment, strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, strong analytical and quantitative skills and strong problem-solving skills required.
- Extreme attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality work product
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is expected that candidates will live near one of RMI’s U.S. locations.
Important Note: As a U.S. federal contractor, RMI must comply with requirements outlined Executive Order Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This Executive Order requires that all federal contractors and subcontractors mandate and verify that all U.S. based employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are based in the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status as a condition of employment. You may request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you are based outside of the U.S., this requirement does not apply.
The salary range for this position is $103,000- $121,000. This is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted throughout the interview process. Additionally, this role has a 10% bonus target.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 300 works relentlessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $70 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing, China.