Social Media Analytics Lead
Are you an experienced social media lead with a passion for the energy transformation? Are you able to listen and analyze conversations on social to identify influencers and opportunities to show thought leadership and impact? If yes, then join RMI’s Influence Team, the in-house communications and marketing team!
We highly encourage individuals of underrepresented groups to apply!
RMI is seeking an experienced, innovative Social Media Lead to manage our community engagement and analytics for RMI’s main social media and community channels. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical, motivated individual that will help the brand grow its footprint across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, both paid and organic, to drive engagement with targeted audiences, influencers and partners and grow RMI’s social community.
The ideal candidate has a love for metrics and using it to further tailor content to our audience to increase performance and engagement with our social communities. You also enjoy interacting with our followers and nurturing our social media communities. You can spot emerging social media trends and test them with a growth mindset and mentality. They have proven experience optimizing ROI across these channels and will be responsible for executing our social media strategy, which is reflective of RMI’s brand and business goals, to engage key audiences and leads across our target industries and segments.
The Social Media Analytics Lead is an integral member of RMI’s Influence Team and will work closely with our program marketers and the communications team to execute social media campaigns that engage and motivate our audiences. A strong desire to make a difference in accelerating the adoption of renewable energy and tackling climate change is preferred.
This position reports to the Social Media Manager and will work closely with the media relations, creative, storytelling and marketing teams. This role will also work closely with the Social Media Content Lead.
Remote – New York, NY or Washington, DC
- Follow social media strategies and best practices style guide to emphasize distribution against core messaging priorities, increase reach, and deepen audience engagement aligned with RMI’s brand goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including communications and marketing experts embedded in programs, to maximize reach of RMI’s brand-level social media efforts and ensure amplification across programmatic campaigns, channels and teams.
- Bolster employee advocacy by providing guidance and training to ensure that every RMI employee feels empowered to contribute to and amplify RMI’s brand.
- Effectively use audience segmentation and ad optimization resources to fully capitalize on earned and paid reach and results.
- Employ social media metrics reports and social listening data to inform data-driven social strategies and tactics and deliver on-going recommendations to the team to enhance our digital marketing efforts and social media reach.
- Monitor and respond to community interactions important to RMI and partner initiatives.
- Review and report on social media analytics to quantify and qualify effectiveness of social media content and campaigns.
- Create and deliver social media analytic reports to internal stakeholders on content performance.
- Collaborate with the media relations and storytelling teams to monitor and identify breaking climate or energy news stories for RMI to respond to.
- Collaborate with the media relations and storytelling teams to identify influential and active energy and climate journalists on social media to support ongoing media outreach efforts.
- Monitoring the performance of social ad campaigns and providing insights and guidance to further optimize.
- Support the Social Media Manager with their work as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field.
- Thorough understanding of the social media landscape, including channels, best practices and audiences.
- Three years of social media marketing experience in a fast-paced environment, agency experience preferred.
- Extensive experience with social media publishing tools, particularly Sprout Social (posting, listening, analytics).
- Excellent messaging and storytelling skills and ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives.
- Strong strategy, problem solving, storytelling and presentation skills.
- Experience with understanding social analytics and building actionable reports.
- Experience developing and maintaining social media content partnerships.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: energy, climate change, policy, or the broader energy transition.
- Demonstrated ability to champion projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to operate on both analytic and creative levels.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal / collaborative skills with staff and internal clients at all organizational levels and with external partners.
- Self-starter and able to work under ambiguity and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- An intense drive for results and impact.
- Understanding of wider digital marketing and earned media tactics and analytics including web, media and newsletter metrics.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Pars.ly, Cision, Meltwater and Pardot software.
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, location is flexible between RMI’s offices in New York City, NY; Oakland, CA; Washington, DC; Boulder, CO; and Basalt, CO.
The role requires this position to work East Coast hours to respond to breaking news.
The salary range for this position is $57,000- $71,500, with the target being between $55,000- $67,000. This is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted through the interview process. This position also includes an additional 5% bonus target.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision Insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization.
This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.