Social Media Content Lead
Are you an experienced social media lead with a passion for the energy transformation? Are you able to identify social media trends and develop creative, accessible and memorable content for both paid and organic social media campaigns? If yes, then join our RMI’s Influence Team, our in-house Marketing and Communications team!
We highly encourage individuals of underrepresented groups to apply!
RMI is seeking an experienced, innovative Social Media Content Lead to create our social media content and thought leadership for our brand’s social media channels. The ideal candidate is a highly creative, motivated individual that will help the brand grow its footprint across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, both paid and organic, to drive engagement with targeted audiences, influencers and partners and grow RMI’s social following.
The ideal candidate has a knack for finding stories that resonate and bringing them to life in ways that fit – for the channel, the audience and the brand. You have the ability to translate complex subject matter into snackable content. You can spot emerging social media trends and test them with a growth mindset and mentality. They have proven experience optimizing ROI across these channels and will be responsible for executing our social media strategy which is reflective of RMI’s brand and business goals, to engage key audiences and leads across our target industries and segments.
The Social Media Lead is an integral member of RMI’s Influence team and will work closely with our full communications team to execute social media campaigns that engage and motivate our audience. A strong desire to make a difference in accelerating the adoption of renewable energy and tackling climate change is preferred.
This position reports to the Social Media Manager and will work closely with the media relations, creative, storytelling, and marketing teams. This role will also work closely with the Social Media Analytics Lead.
Remote – New York, NY or Washington, DC
- Produce clear and compelling social content including ads, simple infographics, photography and videos, in support of RMI’s diverse programmatic work and donor cultivation that adheres to our social media strategy and brand messaging.
- Utilize a content calendar and topic framework; work with design and content teams to populate, prepare content and schedule to social media channels. Collaborate with design and video teams to create visuals, photography and videos and optimize for social media channels and audiences.
- Follow social media strategies and best practices style guide to emphasize distribution against core messaging priorities, increase reach, and deepen audience engagement aligned with RMI’s brand goals.
- Work with key leaders within the organization to drive thought leadership opportunities and build personal brands through social media.
- Collaborate with the media relations team to develop content that will grab the attention of target energy and climate media to support media outreach efforts.
- Collaborate with the media relations, content and design teams to rapidly develop social content responding to breaking climate or energy news stories.
- Support the Social Media Manager with their work as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, journalism or related field.
- Thorough understanding of the social media landscape, including channels, best practices and audiences.
- Three years of social media marketing experience in a fast-paced environment, agency experience preferred.
- Extensive experience with social media publishing tools, particularly Sprout Social (posting, listening, analytics).
- Excellent messaging and storytelling skills and ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives.
- Strong strategy, problem solving, storytelling, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and utilize social analytics.
- Experience developing and maintaining social media content partnerships.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: energy, climate change, policy, or the broader energy transition.
- Demonstrated ability to champion projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to operate on both analytic and creative levels.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal / collaborative skills with staff and internal clients at all organizational levels and with external partners.
- Self-starter and able to work under ambiguity and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- An intense drive for results and impact.
- Understanding of wider digital marketing and earned media tactics and analytics including web, media and newsletter metrics.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Pars.ly, Cision, Meltwater and Pardot software.
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, location is flexible between RMI’s offices in New York City, NY or Washington, DC.
The role requires this position to work East Coast hours to respond to breaking news.
The salary target for this role will be between $57,000- $67,000. This is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted through the interview process. This position also includes an additional 5% bonus target.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision Insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization.
This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.