New York City Office Coordinator
Do you want to work for an amazing, dynamic organization that is making a significant impact in protecting our environment, increasing wealth and jobs, creating a more peaceful world, improving people’s health, and providing access to electricity to the over one billion people on the planet who currently lack it? Come work alongside the talented and passionate individuals who make this possible through our work in transforming energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
RMI is seeking an Office Coordinator to support our New York City office. You would provide reception and administrative services at our New York City location. You will serve as the first point of contact for staff and guests and will be the primary contact for all property-related management. You will become an integral partner in modeling the culture, efficiency, and atmosphere of our NYC office.
This role will be part time (15-20 hours/week) and eventually ramp up to full time.
- Manage internal processes related to daily office life
- (e.g., welcome guests and assisting them in finding their way about the office, implement office “hoteling” protocol, maintain appropriate office supplies & RMI publications, coordinate weekly grocery delivery and kitchen staff upkeep schedule)
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail, coordinate pickup and delivery of FedEx, UPS express mail
- Assist with meeting preparation and event set-up/clean-up; in-person and virtual
- Maintain internal documentation for office systems, processes and building amenities
- Manage internal office communications through Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
- Manage staff access to the building and parking garages
- Primary contact with building manager for office maintenance, troubleshooting, scheduling and related communications to staff
- Primary contact for office operations vendors; submit vendor invoices through Concur payment system
- Act as a culture leader supporting office and team development activities
- Liaise with Boulder HQ as necessary on coordination of activities related to office maintenance (e.g., IT)
- Work with RMI Crisis Management team to develop office COVID-19 protocol and response, implement protocol
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Organized, self-directed and motivated
- Excellent Customer Service skills and mindset
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce
- Proven attention to detail and follow-through
- Motivation to seek ways to improve systems and processes
- Enthusiastic culture facilitator
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years' experience in an administrative or operational role
Benefits: (eligible once you are working 24+ hours/week)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
This role is required to be based out of our New York City office.
$22.00 per hour. There is potential to earn more dependent on experience that will be discussed throughout the interview process, and this role has an additional 5% bonus target.
- Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
- We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders, and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.