Marketing Operations & Analytics Manager - Third Derivative
Tackling the climate crisis is a once-in-a-generation, trillion-dollar economic opportunity, and the world needs a healthy global innovation engine to identify and massively scale new climate technology solutions that will speed up the clean energy transition.
Founded by RMI and New Energy Nexus for this purpose, Third Derivative (D3) is a global climate technology startup accelerator aimed at accelerating the rate of climate innovation. Our mission is to develop an inclusive ecosystem that rapidly finds, funds, and scales climate tech innovation globally.
We’ve developed a vertically-integrated startup accelerator model to back this, which unites investors, corporates, market and policy experts, and startups to work together to increase the success and speed to market for climate innovation.
Since our launch in December last year, our ecosystem includes $3.3T market cap of corporate partners, $1B AUM of investor partners (across five continents), and 46 startups reflecting climate innovations solving for all major emissions sectors.
Now, our high-performance team of climate enthusiasts is growing, and we’re seeking an experienced Marketing Operations & Analytics Manager to join our marketing team. As a Marketing Operations & Analytics Manager you will become a key member of the marketing team — bringing a strong background in marketing operations, workflow and process automation, analytics, and market research to our small, scrappy, and passionate team.
The success of D3’s mission hinges on getting the right members into our ecosystem. For this reason, the aim of the D3 marketing team is constantly launching new campaigns to attract climate tech startups to apply to our program as well as bring in new corporate partners, investors, and skilled startup mentors.
Working closely with our CMO and Marketing & Communications Manager, your responsibilities will be adding operational excellence, tracking, and analytics (leveraging a pre-built analytics suite from our growth marketing agency of record) to all existing and new marketing and communications initiatives. In doing so, you will help us closely monitor content and campaign performance, optimize in real time, run data-driven tests, and continuously improve business and marketing decisions with strong data and insights.
These metrics will be largely focused on supercharging D3’s acquisition funnels, as well as understanding and driving lead generation, conversion, and lifecycle tracking. You will be the data and analytics swiss army knife of the marketing team and also support ongoing maintenance and optimization of Third-Derivative.org.
As the Marketing Operations & Analytics Manager, you will also be responsible for audience research and delivering quarterly market research to help inform the strategic positioning of D3’s brand and marketing efforts. Additionally, your market research insights will help to inform D3’s larger research areas as well as uncover, scope, and access new and repeatable revenue streams for D3.
Comfort executing in ambiguity is paramount as well as having a successful track record in marketing operations analytics, execution, and workflow automations between sales and marketing teams.
We are a small team, which means you must be able to transition daily from strategic planning into the weeds of marketing operations, project execution, and campaign tracking with diligence, speed, and accuracy.
Application Deadline: October 13th, 2021
- Manage all marketing analytics reporting, GDPR compliance, and web operations of Third-derivative.org — including running website experiments geared towards improving conversion of landing pages and signup flows.
- Implement needed marketing workflows and automations to successfully hand off qualified sales and marketing leads to partner teams including sales, investment team, and corporate development.
- Partner with Marketing & Communications Manager to optimize and measure all content, communications, and marketing campaigns with best-in-class campaign tracking design, implementation, measurement, and reporting.
- Analyze all marketing data, leading to greater engagement and insights.
- Manage lead scoring and campaign tracking, including monitoring of handoff and progression after sales and corporate team handoffs.
- Act as platform gatekeeper of key sales and marketing systems (Hubspot CRM and Salesforce) used to generate reports on campaign performance and lead acquisition.
- Deliver quarterly market research to strategically position D3 brand and marketing effort, in addition to strategic marketing insights to inform research, uncover, and scope new recurring repeatable revenue streams.
- Understand the customer lifecycles by collaborating with sales, operations, and ecosystem success teams and thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
- Design A/B experiments (and other statistical testing methods) with data-driven hypotheses, to identify new marketing opportunities, as well as unique ways to culminate new channel partnerships and creatively reach diverse audience groups around the world.
- 5+ years experience in a marketing/sales operations role. Specifically in data-driven marketing operations design, implementation, automation, and reporting on all marketing and lead generation campaigns at a high-growth company, with startup experience preferred.
- Have close understanding of how Marketing and Sales work together to drive revenue and experience developing effective marketing workflows in partnership with sales.
- Data-driven: Experience defining metrics, running campaign experiments and testing rigorously to continuously optimise campaign success.
- Background in market research to find new revenue streams, and translating research findings into immediately actionable marketing initiatives.
- Deep experience in lead segmentation, generation, and conversion tracking required, with firm understanding of acquisition funnels and customer journeys.
- A record of success in pipeline growth metrics through marketing campaigns, operations, A/B testing, and reporting.
- Hubspot Marketing Certification, strong analytical and technical skills with Hubspot CRM, Salesforce CRM, Google Analytics, Adwords, Excel, Wordpress, and Monday.com.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to balance multiple competing priorities and campaigns.
- Demonstrated success translating marketing strategy into action by working with multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Sound business judgment and quantitative analytic ability.
- Independent work and collaborative minded. Kind and humble team player.
- Experience working inside of a startup or small team.
- Experience in the environmental and climate space.
- Climate warrior with a demonstrated track record of building or championing climate tech innovation
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
The salary range for this role is $76,500- $103,500 with a target range of $76,500-$90,000. Salary will be based upon experience that will be discussed and vetted throughout the interview process. This role has an additional 10% bonus target.
Remote, although ability to work during US-based time zones preferred
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.
New Energy Nexus
New Energy Nexus is an international non-profit that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators, and networks. Nexus operates programs in New York, China, India, Southeast Asia, and East Africa. New Energy Nexus strives towards an abundant world with a 100% clean energy economy for 100% of the population in the shortest time possible. https://www.newenergynexus.com/