Operations Manager - Third Derivative
Tackling the climate crisis is a once-in-a-generation, trillion-dollar economic opportunity, and the world needs a healthy global innovation engine to identify and massively scale new climate technology solutions that will speed up the clean energy transition.
Founded by RMI and New Energy Nexus for this purpose, Third Derivative is a global climate technology startup accelerator aimed at accelerating the rate of climate innovation. Our mission is to develop an inclusive ecosystem that rapidly finds, funds, and scales climate tech innovation globally.
We’ve developed a vertically-integrated startup accelerator model to back this, which unites investors, corporates, market and policy experts, and startups to work together to increase the success and speed to market for climate innovation.
Since our launch in December last year, our ecosystem includes $3.3T market cap of corporate partners, $1B AUM of investor partners (across five continents), and 46 startups reflecting climate innovations solving for all major emissions sectors.
Now, our team of climate enthusiasts is growing, and we’re seeking a diligent and organized Operations Manager to join us in our mission.
Third Derivative (D3) is seeking an Operations Manager to support the COO, leadership team, and the broader D3 team in ensuring transparency, efficiency, and effectiveness of our organization processes and project delivery.
The Operations Manager will play a key role in ensuring that our entire organization runs smoothly and seamlessly to deliver on our annual operating plan and will have demonstrated prior success in managing complex projects, creating and tracking budgets and other financial analyses, preparing strategic briefs and process optimization recommendations for C-level leadership based on well-researched and meticulously documented data, and communicating with an enormous level of clarity, efficiency and effectiveness in both verbal and written form.
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2021
- Manage all daily workflows of the D3 Operations team (people, processes, tools, finance, accounting)
- Convene and manage cross-functional task forces and project teams to develop and roll out process improvements across the organization
- Track and provide ongoing reporting on all organizational processes and projects
- Structure and maintain our organization critical documents and data
- Support accounting and contracting processes
- Spearhead creation and implementation to exemplify best practice operational processes and norms across D3
- 5+ years experience as a project/program manager or operations manager, creating and optimizing processes, defining metrics, and tracking and reporting on projects and budgets
- Mastery of project management software Monday.com
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organized
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting, project management, or related field
- Climate warrior with a demonstrated track record of creating or championing climate tech innovation
- Experience working inside of a startup or small team
- Project/process management certification (e.g., PMP, Six Sigma, etc.)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Generous PTO
- Parental leave
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
The salary range for this position is $86,000 - $116,000, with an additional 10% bonus target. Salary is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted through the interview process.
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and work closely with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of 250+ works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is a fast-growing, independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a 2020-2021 annual budget of $70 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, CA; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.
New Energy Nexus
New Energy Nexus is an international non-profit that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators, and networks. Nexus operates programs in New York, China, India, Southeast Asia, and East Africa. New Energy Nexus strives towards an abundant world with a 100% clean energy economy for 100% of the population in the shortest time possible. https://www.newenergynexus.com/