Ecosystem Success Associate - Third Derivative
Tackling the climate crisis is a once-in-a-generation, trillion-dollar economic opportunity and the world needs a healthy global innovation engine to identify and massively scale new climate technology solutions that will speed up the clean energy transition.
Founded by RMI and New Energy Nexus for this purpose, Third Derivative (D3) is a global climate technology startup accelerator aimed at accelerating the rate of climate innovation. Our mission is to develop an inclusive ecosystem that rapidly finds, funds, and scales climate tech innovation globally.
We’ve built a vertically integrated startup accelerator model to back this, which unites investors, corporates, market and policy experts, and startups to work together to increase the success and speed to market for climate innovation.
Since our launch in December last year, our ecosystem includes a $3.3T market cap of corporate partners, $1B AUM of investor partners (across five continents), and 46 startups reflecting climate innovations solving for all major emissions sectors.
Now, our high-performance team of climate enthusiasts is growing, and we’re seeking an experienced and well-rounded Ecosystem Success Associate to join us in our mission.
As the Ecosystem Success Associate, you will support the entire D3 Ecosystem Success Team in the development and execution of processes, programming, data collection and analysis, and communications to increase the collaboration between and co-creation among all D3 ecosystem participants (cohort startups, corporate industry partners, experts/mentors, and investors).
As the Ecosystem Success Associate, you will leverage your skills as a relationship builder, communicator, data analyst, strategic thinker, and solution finder to actuate collaboration and success internally within the Ecosystem Success Team and externally among D3’s entire ecosystem.
D3’s theory of change posits that the whole of our climate ecosystem must be greater than the sum of its parts for us to combat climate change. This Ecosystem Success Associate will be a critical role in ideating, creating, and communicating opportunities for connection and collaboration among the members of the D3 ecosystem.
This role is an excellent entry level position for anyone who has a passion for seeing climate technology deployed at scale and is interested in taking part in developing the world’s largest collaborative ecosystem to create pathways to achieve this mission.
Application Deadline: October 13th, 2021
- Continuously monitor, map, and communicate all ecosystem participants’ needs, desires, pains, and value-drivers to the D3 team
- Monitor startup progress and connect startups to the various resources within the D3 ecosystem at their disposal in order to accelerate their success
- Map corporate partners’ business processes, organizational structure and commercial investment interests and clearly communicate these to startups in order to increase the number of commercial deals executed between startups and corporates
- Understand startups’ needs for subject matter expertise and connect them to relevant experts in D3’s network to deliver this expertise
- Collect, clean, and organize data to drive analysis and additional value generation
- Calendar and communicate programmatic offerings throughout the ecosystem
- Develop and document processes to drive programmatic success
- 1-2 years of professional work experience
- Passionate about helping climate technology startups rapidly commercialize and scale
- Strong facilitation and networking skills
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, creatively problem solve, and bring new frameworks for analysis to the D3 ecosystem
- Proficiency in productivity tools, and a desire to learn more. We use Slack, Monday.com, Hubspot CRM, and Airtable, and we are always looking to improve and find new tools.
- Experience working with or at startups
- Experience interacting with large corporations and investors
- Experience working in and/or with companies based in Asia, India, and Africa
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent entrepreneurial success
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
The incoming salary range for this position is $76,000 - $82,000, with an additional 5% bonus target. Salary is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted through the hiring process.
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.
New Energy Nexus
New Energy Nexus is an international non-profit that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators, and networks. Nexus operates programs in New York, China, India, Southeast Asia, and East Africa. New Energy Nexus strives towards an abundant world with a 100% clean energy economy for 100% of the population in the shortest time possible. https://www.newenergynexus.com/