Community Builder - Third Derivative
Tackling the climate crisis is a once-in-a-generation, trillion-dollar economic opportunity, and the world needs a healthy global innovation engine to identify and massively scale new climate technology solutions that will speed up the clean energy transition.
Founded by RMI and New Energy Nexus for this purpose, Third Derivative is a global climate technology startup accelerator aimed at accelerating the rate of climate innovation. Our mission is to build an inclusive ecosystem that rapidly finds, funds, and scales climate tech innovation globally.
We’ve developed a vertically-integrated startup accelerator model to back this, which unites investors, corporates, market and policy experts, and startups to work together to increase the success and speed to market for climate innovation.
Since our launch in December last year, our ecosystem includes $3.3T market cap of corporate partners, $1B AUM of investor partners (across five continents), and 46 startups reflecting climate innovations solving for all major emissions sectors.
Now, our high-performance team of climate enthusiasts is growing, and we’re seeking a dedicated and inspired Community Builder to join us in our mission.
Third Derivative (D3) is seeking a community builder who is passionate about developing lasting relationships among the participants of the D3 ecosystem, which include cohort startups, corporate partners, investor partners, mentors, and D3 staff members. Ecosystem is at the core of D3’s theory of change, and we are looking for strong candidates who can develop the processes and platforms for scalable community connections that align with D3’s mission and create tangible value for participants to rapidly accelerate the rate of climate tech innovation.
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2021
- Leverage technology and platforms to host collective conversations and build trust systems for the D3 ecosystem participants, including startup CXOs, startup mentors, corporate innovation leads, and VCs
- Engineer serendipity and develop processes and tools for scalable connections
- Cultivate community ambassadors, leaders, and organizers and create a platform for the community to self-organize, co-contribute, and flourish
- Define metrics and infrastructure to measure success and produce growth, namely the level and quality of interconnections among ecosystem participants
- Constantly interact with cohort startups, and listen and act on their feedback
- Creatively develop, test, and iterate new ideas, leading to engagement
- 4+ years of prior experience as a community builder and manager, ideally with a startup accelerator, open innovation program, or an online cross-stakeholder community
- Active user and community ambassador, with strong fluency of leveraging a broad range of collaborative communication technologies, e.g.: Slack, Microsoft Teams, Reddit
- Experience defining metrics, tracking success, and driving growth in a community
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- People-oriented person with a strong spirit of service
- Highly organized
- Climate warrior with a demonstrated track record of building or championing climate tech innovation
- Experience working inside of a startup or small team
- Experience engaging with large corporations as stakeholders or customers
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Generous PTO
- Parental leave
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
The incoming salary range for this position is $76,500 - $85,000, with an additional 5% bonus target. Salary is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted throughout the hiring process.
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.
New Energy Nexus
New Energy Nexus is an international non-profit that supports clean energy entrepreneurs with funds, accelerators, and networks. Nexus operates programs in New York, China, India, Southeast Asia, and East Africa. New Energy Nexus strives towards an abundant world with a 100% clean energy economy for 100% of the population in the shortest time possible. https://www.newenergynexus.com/