Associate/Senior Associate - Oil & Gas, Climate Intelligence Program
RMI is leading the Energy Transition by creating market and technological solutions to impact Climate Change. RMI is seeking either an Associate or Senior Associate for our Climate Intelligent Solutions for Oil & Gas division.
RMI is looking to hire an Associate/Senior Associate within the Climate Intelligent program, with a focus on Life Cycle Analysis of Greenhouse Gas Emissions from the Oil and Gas Supply Chain . You will work with the Climate Intelligence Senior Leadership team to assist with analytics of emissions accounting from various oil and gas process streams, with a heavy emphasis on LNG liquefaction, transportation and regassification.
- Develop and evaluate process simulations for oil and gas emission sources throughout the value chain, with a heavy emphasis on LNG processes
- Operate and create analytical tools for handling multivariate datasets, including oil and gas emissions and operational activity data
- Manage stakeholder relations with Oil and Gas operators, LNG producers, regulators, and academic researchers
- Offer technical assistance on emissions monitoring capabilities, greenhouse gas inventory calculations, and process engineering.
- Engage with community of methane and greenhouse gas accounting experts and industry leaders
- Perform literature reviews and data sourcing to support greenhouse gas analytical models
- Synthesize recommendations into clear and compelling presentations
- Present quantitative information in a clear, visual format for public consumption, such as for whitepapers, journal articles and RMI publications.
- Bachelor’s degree (in an applicable field such as engineering, environmental or physical sciences). M.S. degree in a related field is a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience or M.S degree in engineering or data analytics
- Demonstrated proficiency in scientific programming languages including Python, (and packages such as Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-Learn), R, VBA, SQL, Matlab. Experience with cloud computing is preferable.
- Driven, entrepreneurial, demonstrates initiative and creativity
- Strong problem-solving, research and writing skills
- Commitment to eliminating methane emissions from the Oil & Gas supply chain
We invite candidates with a variety of skillsets, educational and work background. Ideal start date is mid October 2021.
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is expected that these roles be located at one of our office locations (Boulder/Basalt, CO; New York, NY; Oakland, CA; D.C.). This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
The starting Associate level salary range is $68,000-$75,000, and the starting Senior Associate level salary is $76,500-$85,000. Both positions have an additional 5% bonus target! This is based on experience that will be vetted through the interview process.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.