Marketing Operations Lead
RMI’s newly imagined marketing and communications team – known inside the institute as the Influence Team – is looking for an operations lead for our marketing team, who will assist the Director of Impact Marketing with coordinating and executing marketing campaigns on program Websites, social channels, and for program events. You will also work with an outside agency to coordinate report and white paper production, and help track email marketing and associated metrics.
You should be someone who can implement the strategic vision for the marketing team, developing and tweaking processes and workflows to seamlessly deliver quality content and products across our various programs. You will report to the Head of Communications Operations and the Director of Impact Marketing.
You will be the steward of the various marketing elements of campaigns, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget and on brand. You will also help oversee the marketing portion of the Influence Team’s budget, including outside agencies and various digital tools, as well as accurately pricing marketing into restricted funding proposals.
- Act as project manager on assigned projects, collaborate cross functionally, and guide teams through all stages of a multi-channel content production process
- Set and coordinate production schedules for a team of marketers working across RMI programs
- Review restricted grants proposals to ensure marketing is adequately scoped
- Generate and manage project timelines, including coordinating key milestones
- Initiate and lead all appropriate project meetings, and assist in preparing presentation materials as needed
- Organize the concepting of ideas, development, and execution
- Influence the efficiency and quality of work
- Monitor and enforce project constraints (schedule/scope/resources), while keeping the team on track and motivated
- Own project management/workflow system data entry, reporting, and actualization of project budget
- Monitor out of scope requests and initiate additional estimates and client approvals
- Prepare vendor bid packages as needed, generating estimates and securing client approvals on estimates and overages
- Provide content production oversight (video, photo, multimedia) along with production team lead for all stages of content development from creative concepting, planning, pre-pro, production and post production
- Manage vendors and talent on relevant projects, monitoring actual vs. budgeted costs
- Anticipate and flag project issues/risks and clearly communicate possible solutions
- Background in marketing, advertising, digital or broadcast production; Agency experience a plus
- 3-5 years experience as a producer in a creative agency or production environment (digital, social, production, broadcast, post, experiential)
- Possess a strong project management aptitude and ability to lead
- Self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Experience in generating and managing budgets, staffing plans, and complex timelines
- Proficiency in project management tools
- Solution oriented independent worker with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Ability to quickly react and adapt to changing environments
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable, and can establish trust with your teams
- Organized and passionate about process improvement
- Familiar with climate and energy topics and committed to scaling market-based solutions
You will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is expected that you are located at one of our offices in New York City, Washington D.C., Oakland, CA, Basalt, CO or Boulder, CO. This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
The salary range for this position is $63,000- $74,000. This is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted throughout the interview process. This position has an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision Insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMI-er and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect, and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported, and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders, and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.