Corporate Engagement Specialist
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems, thinking in numbers, and working in groups? Do you have the self-motivation, curiosity, creativity, and ability to influence others to take action towards building a sustainable energy future? Do you have a passion for making the world a better place? If yes, then join our growing team!
Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) is seeking an Engagement Specialist to support the Corporate Engagement Team. RMI staff bring a variety of skillsets, and we welcome candidates with diverse educational and work backgrounds.
RMI’s Corporate Engagement Team leads internal and external coordination of the organization’s corporate network. The team serves across all RMI programs in expanding and deepening their relationships with the private sector through individual outreach, events, visibility raising, connection to influencers and partners, and other engagements.
Working closely with RMI’s Corporate Philanthropy and Strategic Engagement & Analysis teams, the Corporate Engagement team works to build and implement robust internal relationship management protocols and expand the organization’s corporate offerings.
The Corporate Engagement team is hiring an Engagement Specialist to support RMI’s internal relationship management protocols and to lead on tracking, research, and internal coordination for RMI’s Corporate Engagement team.
As the Engagement Specialist, you would sit within the organization’s Strategic Analysis and Engagement team, work closely with RMI’s development team, and across all program teams. In this role, you will be able to support a range of corporate engagement mechanisms and needs across the organization, providing detail-oriented data and research and thinking around new ways to improve how the organization structures and tracks corporate engagement, and managing projects and analysis related to RMI’s corporate work.
You will be part of a new and growing team within a thriving organization as it strategically expands its work with the private sector.
- Conducting private sector research and analysis on corporate sustainability, GHG accounting, and other climate issues
- Ensuring data integrity for RMI’s corporate account records and customer relationship management system
- Developing new project management tracking processes for RMI’s corporate work, and supporting program teams in implementation
- Supporting event logistics and planning
- Joining calls and meetings with companies and other stakeholders and being able to represent RMI externally
- Drafting emails and preparing other communications for companies
- Leading on new tracking protocols for the organization around corporate engagement work (individual and collective)
- Following key trends in corporate climate action, and connecting them into corporate team work
- Working collaboratively with the Corporate Philanthropy team to align workstreams and coordinate all organization-wide engagement efforts
- Bachelor's degree in sustainability, renewables procurement, environment, economics, engineering, geography, or energy-related discipline
- 1-3 years of direct, relevant experience
- Strong experience with Excel and data management
- Research and analytical skills, and ability to carry own independent research projects
- Previous experience using CRM systems
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once
- Familiarity with corporate sustainability and/or climate science, GHG accounting, and target-setting standards
- Strong communications skills and ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow tracking and engagement protocols around relationships that may be matrix-managed across the organization
- Excellent time management, organization, entrepreneurship, and drive
- Master's degree
- Ability to stick with a problem through resolution but also knowing when to ask for help
- Experience working with external stakeholders
- Ability to listen actively, be diplomatic, and share knowledge and information well
- Project Management experience
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic and may be able to remain remote thereafter, though candidates who live near or are willing to relocate to Boulder or Basalt, CO; Oakland, CA; Washington, DC; or New York are preferred. This can be discussed further throughout the interview process.
The salary range for this position is $49,600 - $64,500, with the target being about $57,000. Salary is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted further throughout the interview process. This role has an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMI staff and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.