Marketing Project Manager
Marketing Project Manager
Remote/ New York, NY
Canary Media — a new media outlet covering the global transition to clean energy and a subsidiary of RMI — is looking for an energetic project manager to play an integral role on our growing marketing and operations team. Our team is based in New York, but there is potential for the right candidate to work from anywhere in the U.S.
About Canary Media
We are an independent, nonprofit journalism organization dedicated to chronicling the transition to a decarbonized economy and society, with a particular focus on the transformation of the energy, transportation, industrial and building sectors. We cover the technologies and the policies that will be needed to keep climate change in check, and the many ways that people and societies will be affected along the way, including disadvantaged communities and communities of color. We strive to provide reporting and analysis that is indispensable, accessible and engaging.
About this position
Canary Media is seeking a marketing project manager to organize and execute on campaigns for our sponsors and partners. The marketing project manager will be client-facing and involved in campaign development, including scoping, execution and reporting. We need someone who is deadline-oriented and able to organize teams both internally and externally to produce deliverables. The project manager will be comfortable working on multiple projects at any given time across different mediums, including web, video and audio. If you’d like to build a career in media and contribute to covering the biggest story of our times, this could be the perfect position for you.
· Organize timelines and deliverables for sponsor and partner programs; examples include white papers, webcasts, sponsored articles, custom podcasts and data visualizations
· Communicate campaign priorities internally and externally to clients and third-party service providers
· Automate reporting on campaigns
· Provide customer service as main point of contact for clients
· Manage kanban board and calendars
· Proofread content
· Collaborate with marketing team on audience development
· Make recommendations to improve client and audience experience
· Four-year college degree or equivalent professional experience
· 1–2 years of client-facing project management experience
· 1–2 years of marketing-related experience
· Strong writing and communication abilities, including solid copyediting and proofreading skills
· Strong organizational and time-management skills with an rigorous attention to detail
· Ability to build and maintain client relationships by effectively communicating complex ideas and proposals, leading client meetings, crafting client correspondence and executing on campaign production
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with overlapping deadlines
· Willingness to try new things and embrace new systems
· Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse workplace
· Passion for clean energy and climate action and an eagerness to learn about journalism and economywide decarbonization
· A sense of humor
The salary range for this role is $65,000–$75,000. Salary is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted throughout the interview process.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· 403(b) retirement options (immediate 5% match)
· Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
· Generous paid time off
· Parental leave
· Casual work environment
Canary Media is an equal-opportunity employer. We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive staff and organizational culture. Candidates of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply, no matter their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability status.