Executive Assistant - Cross-Program Impact Acceleration
Are you an administrative professional with exceptional organizational and communication skills? Are you able to manage several responsibilities at a time while ensuring exceptional accuracy and attention to detail? Are you a proactive problem solver who can anticipate challenges and opportunities ahead of time? Do you have strong team and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently? Do you enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting executive-level individuals? If yes, then join our team!
Program Overview: RMI’s Cross-Program Impact Acceleration team is an initiative within the Strategic Analysis & Engagement Group that houses RMI’s Chief Program Officer, the Program Management Group that oversees RMI’s entire portfolio of work, and various workstreams focused on increasing collaboration, effectiveness, and impact across RMI’s 14 programs.
Scope of Work: The Executive Assistant will support up to four senior leaders, including chiefly RMI’s Chief Program Officer and the Managing Director of RMI’s Strategic Analysis & Engagement Group.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manages individual calendars for Leadership.
- Ensures Leadership is prepared for meetings and engagements by providing necessary information, reserving preparation time and scheduling preparation meetings as necessary, and completing a wide range of tasks that facilitate Leadership’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Serves as ‘gatekeeper’ for Leadership, streamlining communication and serving as primary point of contact for Leadership with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Submits timesheets and expense reports, maintains associated documentation.
- Understands priorities and commitments of Leadership and is able to make adjustments seamlessly, proactively and with little advance notice.
- Handles requests daily from Leadership and follows up in a timely and professional manner.
- Serves as day-to-day point of contact for troubleshooting for MS Office, Teams, Slack, and other platforms; resolving issues as they arise and communicating solutions to team.
- Serves as Leaderships’ social media communicator via LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social platforms
Program Management Group Support
- Maintains file management system (SharePoint) including uploading documents, maintaining organization, granting permissions and resolving filesharing issues promptly with IT.
- Circulates meeting materials and agendas, attends meetings and functions as notetaker; circulates action items to relevant participants following meetings, following up as needed.
- Organizes and manages logistics for in-person/hybrid semi-annual strategy meetings and other major programmatic convenings.
- Takes initiative to identify areas that would benefit from administrative improvement and suggest solutions.
- Creates and manages all logistical and booking details related to domestic and international travel for Leadership and maintains all travel rewards and membership programs.
- Provides quick solutions to unanticipated changes in travel schedules.
- Ensures travel, lodging and scheduling are virtually error free.
- Ensures travel documents are up to date (passports, TSA PreCheck, Global Entry, Driver’s License, et al)
- Maintains a high level of proficiency with all RMI approved platforms and tools including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom and Slack, Adobe, Calendly, Monday.com and others
- Maintains daily oversight of platforms; proactively resolving issues as they arise throughout the day.
- Actively pursues improvement in skill levels and technical proficiency, both independently and drawing from expertise of peers.
- Understands functioning and troubleshooting of iPhones, applications, both PCs and Macs, printers and other devices.
- Proficient note-taker, able to concisely capture action items and follow up with appropriate team members to ensure completion.
Dependability and Flexibility
- Can be relied upon to assist with projects outside areas of primary responsibility and deliver work in the timeframe identified with minimal oversight.
- Can handle unanticipated changes graciously and efficiently; including changes to schedules, plans and workloads and reacts to these changes in a timely manner.
- Approaches difficult situations with a positive attitude and identifies solutions.
- Track record of impeccable ethics and discretion when ensuring that Leadership expenses are managed according to policy.
- Details learned through supporting Leadership are kept strictly confidential.
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism in interaction with others both inside and outside RMI.
- Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing and has superior listening skills.
- Interacts with others in a warm and professional manner.
- Represents RMI to the outside world, often by engaging with people at the highest levels in corporations, foundations, government, and academic institutions.
- Three to five years of experience as an Executive Assistant in a professional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Zoom and Slack, Adobe, Calendly, Monday.com
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience planning events and domestic and international travel
- Ability to identify potential problems before they arise and proactively propose solutions.
- Fluency in English
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels, often under pressure, remaining positive, flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient and managing multiple competing demands and priorities while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality at all times.
- Good judgment and strong decision-making ability.
The position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, this role will be based out of our Basalt, Colorado office.
The starting salary range for this position is $60,500-$81,500, with the target range being $60,500-$70,000.This is dependent upon experience that will be discussed and vetted through the interview process. This position also includes an additional 5% bonus target.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Learning & development opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.