Senior Creative Director
RMI – Senior Creative Director
We are looking for a talented, innovative, and passionate Senior Creative Director to build, mentor and lead our in-house creative team. This hire will be skilled in conceptualization and execution of diverse design needs—whether print, digital, or multimedia and well-versed in bringing technical and complex data and concepts to life visually. As the RMI Creative Director you will lead a team of internal graphic designers and Web designers & maintain and educate our global network of freelancers and agencies to uphold the RMI brand standards and quality. You will also work closely with our internal editorial, media, social, Web, email and marketing teams. One of the central tasks of this position within the next year will be a redesign of our Web site.
RMI is a fast-growing international NGO working in the climate change mitigation space. Our focus is on the transition of global energy to sustainable sources in a global, equitable and affordable matter.
Our ideal candidate will have intense curiosity regarding RMI’s work in renewable energy and our techno-economic solutions to counter global warming. You’ll be able to dive into the very technical research and translate that into to a compelling story of RMI’s impact for a variety of audiences.
- Schedule and conduct brainstorms and manage projects from start to finish with the highest of design standards.
- Continue to streamline and channel the production of the publications so the design team will have their hands free to data visualization and storytelling.
- Effectively visualize information and complex data across multiple channels (create graphs, data visualizations, and PPT graphics)
- Actively develop and guide, and mentor to ensure your team members perform at their peak and grow professionally. Lead and inspire teams to continually raise the creative bar and stay curious.
- Educate and inspire colleagues from other departments to help them understand, protect, and sell the RMI brand story
- Come well versed and with a passion for researching market developments and industry trends to identify potential partnership opportunities.
- Create ideas that can become scalable executions in the future. Be willing and able to adapt with the business as it evolves over time.
- Maintain and provide ongoing design of the website, promos and ad banners, seasonal content updates, special promotion materials, etc.
- Oversee and manage the web development process. Proven experience with UI design, responsive design and modern web standards—UX design is a plus
- Manage creative strategy to properly align digital content with the company’s overall goals and speciﬁc objectives for each of the company’s products and services.
- Work directly with other creatives and cross-functional teams to concept, develop, and present new brand partner ideas and programs.
- Responsible for elevating and evolving RMI’s brand vision to present and clearly, concisely articulate vision and strategy behind ideas
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of Creative experience (art direction) including graphic design
- Extensive experience in leading, managing, and supervising creatives
- A versatile portfolio showcasing highly impactful creative work
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Digital design tools
- Ability to balance multiple tasks/multiple projects, consistently delivering good creative design within deadline
- High attention to detail, and results-orientated
- Associates degree in computer technology, website design, graphic design, or related area preferred or commensurate experience
- Animation, Data-visualization, and Video editing is a plus
This position can remain remotethrough the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, we willremain flexible on location—with a preference that the successful candidatewould live near one of RMI’s U.S. locations; New York, NY; Washington, DC;Boulder, CO; Basalt, CO; or Oakland, CA.
The salary range for this position is $138,000-$193,000, with the target range between $138,000- $150,000. This is dependent upon experience that will be discussed and vetted through the interview process. This position also includes an additional 20% bonus target.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match, with no vesting schedule) Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Casual work environment
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMI-er and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges
Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued
- Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing. RMI-India, a sister organization, has an office in New Delhi.