Social Media Manager
Are you an experienced social media manager with a passion for the energy transformation? Are you able to identify social media trends and implement effective strategies across both paid and earned social media channels? Do you enjoy leading a team and developing others? If yes, then join our Marketing and Communications team!
RMI is seeking an experienced, innovative Social Media Manager to develop, lead, and execute our brand’s social media and community channels. The ideal candidate is a highly creative, motivated individual that will help the brand grow its footprint across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, both paid and earned, to drive engagement with targeted audiences, influencers and partners and grow RMI’s social community.
The ideal candidate has a knack for finding stories that resonate and bringing them to life in ways that fit – for the channel, the audience and the brand. You have the ability to translate complex subject matter into snackable content. You can spot emerging social media trends and test them with a growth mindset and mentality. They have proven experience optimizing ROI across these channels and will be responsible for developing our social media strategy, reflective of the brand and business goals, to engage key audiences and leads across our target industries and segments.
The Social Media Manager is an integral member of RMI’s Marketing & Communications (M&C) team and will work closely with our program marketers and the communications team to implement social media campaigns that engage and motivate our market. A strong desire to make a difference in accelerating the adoption of renewable energy and tackling climate change is preferred.
This position reports to the Director of Public Relations and will work closely with the media, creative, content production, and digital marketing teams. They will manage two direct reports, one in charge of content creation/thought leadership and the other focused on community management and analytics.
- Develop, implement, and execute results-driven social strategies using industry best practices for RMI campaigns and promotions.
- Develop content calendar and topic framework; work with creative and content teams to populate, review and prepare content for posting to social media channels.
- Update and implement a strategic social media strategy and best practices style guide to emphasize distribution against core messaging priorities, increase reach, and deepen audience engagement aligned with RMI’s brand goals.
- Create and execute strategic campaigns to grow engagement within target markets, influencers and partners to create a robust and thriving social community.
- Work with key leaders within the organization to drive thought leadership opportunities and build personal brands through social media.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Program Marketers, to maximize reach of RMI’s brand-level social media efforts and ensure amplification across programmatic campaigns, channels and teams.
- Develop and edit social media content; coordinate across teams to ensure that social media toolkits, messaging, and resource guides are finalized for distribution among key stakeholders, including internal audiences.
- Bolster employee advocacy by providing guidance and training to ensure that every RMI employee feels empowered to contribute to and amplify RMI’s brand.
- Effectively use audience segmentation and ad optimization resources to fully capitalize on earned and paid reach and results.
- Employ social media metrics reports and social listening data to inform data-driven social strategies and tactics and deliver on-going recommendations to the team to enhance our digital marketing efforts and social media reach.
- Analyze, prepare and deliver reports to internal stakeholders on content performance.
- Provide support to each of our programs on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field
- Thorough understanding of the social media landscape, including channels, best practices and audiences
- Five years of social media marketing experience in a fast-paced environment, agency experience preferred
- Extensive experience with social media publishing tools, particularly Sprout Social (posting, listening, analytics)
- Excellent messaging and storytelling skills and ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives
- Strong strategy, problem solving, storytelling and presentation skills
- Experience with understanding social analytics and building actionable reports
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: energy, climate change, policy, or the broader energy transition
- Demonstrated ability to champion projects from concept to completion
- Ability to operate on both analytic and creative levels
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal / collaborative skills with staff and internal clients at all organizational levels and with external partners
- Self-starter and able to work under ambiguity and adapt quickly to changing environments
- An intense drive for results and impact
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, location is flexible between RMI’s offices in New York City, NY; Oakland, CA; Washington, DC; Boulder, CO; and Basalt, CO.
The salary range for this position is $79,000-$93,000. This is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted through the interview process. This position also includes an additional 10% bonus target.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision Insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization.
This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an equal opportunity employer
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.