Associate - Climate Intelligence Solutions for Oil & Gas
Are you passionate about the energy transition? Do you love the challenge of looking for solutions in large and interconnected datasets? Do you enjoy working with a broad range of stakeholders including policy makers, researchers, and industry leaders? Do you also have the creativity to put analytical techniques to work finding meaningful solutions for greenhouse gas mitigation? If yes, then join our growing Climate Intelligence team.
RMI is leading the Energy Transition by creating market and technological solutions to impact Climate Change. RMI is seeking Associates for our Climate Intelligent Solutions for Oil & Gas division.
RMI is looking to hire an Associate within the Climate Intelligent program, with a focus on reducing methane and greenhouse gas emissions from the Oil and Gas Supply Chain. Strong analytical skills are highly regarded, as well as ability to manage multivariate geospatial and temporal datasets. Previous experience in the Oil and Gas sector or environmental compliance will also be highly regarded. You will work with the Climate Intelligence Sr Leadership team to assist with analytics of operational infrastructure and methane emissions, developing operational and technological protocols for reducing emissions, and working with Oil and Gas supply chain operators to understand marketable solutions to emissions avoidance.
- Perform multivariable analysis of geospatial and temporal Oil and Gas operational datasets
- Operate and create analytical tools for handling multivariate datasets
- Utilize GIS and dashboarding software to analyze and illustrate actionable insights
- Manage stakeholder relations with Oil and Gas producers, midstream operators, consumers, regulators, and technical experts.
- Offer technical assistance on emissions monitoring capabilities, greenhouse gas inventory calculations, and process engineering.
- Engage with community of methane and greenhouse gas accounting experts and industry leaders
- Perform literature reviews and data sourcing to support greenhouse gas analytical models
- Synthesize recommendations into clear and compelling presentations
- Present quantitative information in a clear, visual format for public consumption, such as for whitepapers, journal articles and RMI publications.
- Bachelor’s degree required (in an applicable field such as engineering, environmental or physical sciences). M.S. degree in a related field is a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in data analytics
- Demonstrated proficiency in scientific programming languages (Python, R, Matlab) and GIS software (ArcGIS/QGIS)
- Driven, entrepreneurial, demonstrates initiative and creativity
- Strong problem-solving, research and writing skills
- Commitment to eliminating methane emissions from the Oil & Gas supply chain
We invite candidates with a variety of skillsets, educational and work background. Ideal start date is June 2021.
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is expected that these roles be located at one of our office locations (Boulder/Basalt, CO; New York, NY; Oakland, CA; D.C.). This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
The incoming Associate salary range is $68,000 - $75,000. Salary and level are dependent on experience that will be vetted throughout the interview process. Both levels have an additional 5% bonus target.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.