Program Marketing Specialist - Carbon Free Electricity
Are you a marketing professional with a deep interest in learning how to create impactful marketing and communications in support of the clean energy transition? Do you have excellent initiative, follow-through, and project management skills? Are you looking to join a growing organization where you have the opportunity to have influence and impact in your career? If yes, then join our team!
Application Deadline: April 27th, 2021
RMI is seeking a Program Marketing Specialist to support the marketing and communications strategy and implementation for RMI’s Carbon Free Electricity (CFE) program. The program is focused on transitioning the global power sector to carbon free sources in this decisive decade. The CFE team has both a national U.S. and global focus. Due to the increased cross-over of mission and market development, the CFE team also integrates its work on the power sector with other RMI teams such as Building Electrification and Electrification of transport and cities - as well as the RMI Development team. In this role, you will work as an integral part of the Carbon Free Electricity team, while also collaborating with RMI’s broader Marketing & Communications team.
RMI communication plans utilize diverse channels and media.You should enjoy supporting the program communication strategy and plans, both individually and through effectively executing on communication campaigns and the production of reports and other research outputs. You should also enjoy working across RMI’s other program areas and initiatives, with both internal communications partners and outside colleagues and resources.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support communications to both internal and external stakeholders across multiple channels.
- Help develop communications briefs and go-to-market plans – working with teams to identity key market insights, strategic messaging, and key audience insights.
- Develop communication content and assets, including report launches, communications assets such as social media, press materials and email marketing, videos, blogs, and digital content.
- Develop press materials; maintain CFE Press List; assist in pitching CFE Projects directly to press outlets/reporters and set up interviews with our subject matter experts.
- Traffic the production of content such as reports, blog posts, social media posts, email marketing and digital video content, making sure editorial, design, and media have what they need to ensure projects are completed on time and in line with requirements.
- Support the creation of content assets for content marketing campaigns, including things like videos, graphics, animations.
- Maintain internal project management tools to ensure all program communication activities are coordinated, including things like internal and external publications, speaking engagements, program events, and digital and social media campaigns.
- Keep the Carbon Free Electricity Marketing and Communications efforts organized on behalf of the CFE team and in support of the Program Marketer.
- Develop and maintain the CFE Team project calendar that maps upcoming work, work in progress and completed projects.
- Set up monthly “touch bases” with teams from each CFE initiative with the purpose of understanding upcoming projects, their content and timing.
- Be familiar with or willing to learn the process of writing both Marketing and Communications Plans and Creative Briefs.
- Support Program marketer by setting up Kick-off briefings from CFE team project leads to the Communications Team.
- Manage all workflows and maintain communications assets on platforms such as monday.com and Bynder. Organize and maintain the CFE team’s communications assets on SharePoint.
- Support Program Marketing lead in sharing marketing and communications assets prior to project launches with the RMI Development Communications team.
- Develop and Maintain the CFE team Media Contact List
- Work with the Communications team to develop and refine analytics and metrics reporting for every project. Ensure that campaigns are tracked and measured, and results properly reported to the team.
- Manage CFE team’s social media communications by actively maintaining the CFE team Twitter account and LinkedIn pages.
- Support planning and execution of events, both live and virtual.
- Provide project-specific communications support as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from internal stakeholders and external queries.
- 1-3 years’ experience in marketing and communications disciplines, with clear experience in developing, scheduling, and creating content assets for successful communications campaigns.
- Understanding of the Marketing and Communications processes, with a deep interest in learning how to create impactful marketing and communications in support of the clean energy transition.
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communications skills, including communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues across the Institiute.
- Excellent initiative, follow-through, and project management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal/collaborative skills with staff and counterparts at all organizational levels and with external stakeholders.
- Passion for RMI’s mission and theory of change.
- Knowledge of and experience in the utility and regulatory sector, general knowledge of the dynamics influencing the power sector’s transition to carbon-free energy, and /or familiarity with the general market transition to decarbonization and electrification is highly desired
This position will remain remote through the COVID 19 pandemic. Once the situation improves, it is expected that this role be located at one of our U.S. office locations - New York City, NY; Boulder, CO; Basalt, CO.; Oakland, CA; Washington, D.C.
The salary range for this role is $49,600 - $64,500, with the target range being $50,000 - $60,000. This is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted throughout the hiring process. This role has an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMI transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 300+ works relentlessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $70 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing, China.