Development Communications and Engagement Specialist
Do you have experience in events, marketing and communication? Are you self-motivated and eager, with exceptional organizational and communication skills? Are you able to manage competing priorities with a can-do attitude? Can you maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor under pressure? If yes, then join our growing team!
Application Deadline: March 8th, 2021
RMI is seeking a Communications and Engagement Specialist to join the Donor Marketing & Communications Team. In this role, you would manage donor-facing communications, as well as virtual (and live) events. You will directly report to the Director - Development Marketing and Communications and provide support in the development and execution of donor communications, including curating program content for key donor audiences, market research and communications campaigns that support RMI cultivation and stewardship of donors and enhance philanthropic funding.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of RMI’s strategy and how marketing and communications strategies oriented to our donor-base—including our major donor prospects—can successfully support the philanthropic support of our goals and outcomes.
- Support in the execution of year-round donor-focused marketing and communications campaigns.
- Support communications to RMI giving circles, delivering on member benefits associated with marketing and communications.
- Draft and/or review donor communication materials including emails, newsletters, program concept notes, two-pagers, grant proposals, stewardship reports, brochures, videos, digital content, and social media content.
- Develop and maintain the development content calendar (Monday.com) and library (Sharepoint) to provide access across the development team for approved content.
- Support development of our ‘digital ecosystem,’ including enhanced functionality of Pardot and Salesforce as primary means of digital engagement, and Monday.com for project management.
- Support internal development communications needs, including the development newsletter, development presentations to senior leadership and Board of Trustees, as examples.
- Collaborate closely with other development staff to facilitate successful execution of donor-specific virtual and live events and associated communications materials.
- Collect and report on metrics associated with marketing campaigns to track progress
- Provide other project-specific communications support upon request.
- Research and evaluate new communications and marketing tools as needed.
- Technical and Tools Knowledge. Maintains a high level of knowledge of and facility with office tools and software including Salesforce, Pardot, Office 365, Calendar functions, SharePoint, OneDrive, Excel, Word, and Monday.com. Actively pursues improvement in skill levels. Understands the basic functioning and troubleshooting of iPhones, printers, and other such devices.
- Dependability. Can be counted on to assist with projects outside areas of primary responsibility.
- Flexibility. Is able to handle unanticipated changes to schedules, plans and workloads; approaches difficult situations with a positive attitude.
- Presentation. Exhibits a high level of professionalism in interaction with others. Communicates clearly and effectively verbally and in writing and has superior listening skills. Interacts with others in a professional manner. Represents RMI to the outside world, often by engaging with people at the highest levels in corporations, foundations, individual donors, government, and academic institutions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in events, marketing and communication
- Strong team and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels, often under pressure, remaining positive, flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient, and managing multiple demands
- Able to manage several responsibilities at a time while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and exceptional accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Calendar functions, Sharepoint, OneDrive, Excel, Powerpoint, Word and typical contact database software
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential
- Experience working for a geographically dispersed organization
- Experience working for a nonprofit
- Experience working with fundraising database software and marketing automation software
The position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is expected that this role will be located at one of our U.S. office locations, with a strong preference for New York City. This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
The salary range for this role is $49,600 - $64,500, with the target range being $50,000-$55,000. Salary is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted throughout the interview process. This role has an additional 5% bonus target!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About RMI We urgently need to find transformative energy solutions that keep temperature increases below 1.5°C and avert the worst impacts of climate change. RMI’s whole-systems, global energy perspective ensures that we can identify key tipping points ripe for intervention and accelerate the application of market forces needed to cut greenhouse gas emissions by at least 50% by 2030. By collaborating with businesses, policymakers, and other stakeholders in critical geographies including China, India, the United States, key cities and developing economies on zero-carbon solutions, we are driving change on the massive scale needed to combat the climate crisis.