Web Development Associate
Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) is seeking a Web Associate to join our Marketing & Communications team. This hire will work with our Web Manager, Marketing Operations Manager, design team, and external vendors to support RMI’s web needs. They will work closely with Program Marketers to understand program goals, requirements, and constraints and help deliver web products and services to efficiently increase RMI’s scale and impact.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, detail-oriented problem solver with excellent customer service skills and the ability to multitask under pressure. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment within tight deadlines is required. A strong desire to make a difference in accelerating renewable energy and responding to the urgent climate crisis is preferred.
- Add and update content via a CMS (mostly custom WordPress themes) for RMI's several web properties
- Create and maintain documentation for all CMS workflows
- Work with internal clients to collect requirements and communicate status
- Provide as needed support to internal clients and Web Manger during the planning, discovery, design, development, launch, and maintenance phases of a new websites and features
- Train internal clients how to perform certain CMS tasks and related web tasks
- Update and test plugins and third-party libraries
- Test and QA new sites and features
- Monitor, assess, and continually improve RMI's web properties
- Continually improve web-related workflows and processes
- Assist with overseeing design and development vendors
- Collect and provide relevant web analytics to monitor for bugs and opportunities to improve user-experience and to provide stakeholders with valuable data and insights
- Work closely with the Web Manager to ensure that final products adhere to predetermined budgets, scope, and specs
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Support our design, social media, and email marketing teams as needed with technical support and troubleshooting
- Provide customer service and website CMS technical support to each of our programs on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of relevant web experience, which must include significant WordPress CMS administration of multiple web properties and work with the WordPress admin and plugin ecosystem
- Basic proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Experience working for a creative agency
- Experience administering and maintaining multiple websites
- Experience with a range of WordPress themes and plugins
- Experience working with different hosting environments and making simple DNS edits/updates
- Experience with WordPress child theme or custom theme development (not required but ideal)
- Desire to continuously learn new skills
- Excellent customer service
- Basic to intermediate experience with SEO audits and strategy
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Experience with Salesforce and Pardot website integrations
- Experience with design tools (Adobe Suite, Sketch, Figma), experience working closely with a design team, and a strong design literacy
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals
- Strong communication skills
- An intense drive for results and impact
- Passion to change the way we use energy and tackle climate change
This position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is expected that these roles be located at one of our offices in Oakland, CA; New York City; Washington D.C.; or Boulder, CO. This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
The salary range for this position is $49,600-$64,500. This is dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted throughout the interview process. This level additionally has a 5% bonus target.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
Rocky Mountain Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Rocky Mountain Institute
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 250 works relentlessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $70 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing, China.