Program Marketing Lead - Breakthrough Technology
Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) is seeking a Program Marketing Lead e to support the marketing and communications (M&C) strategy and execution for the Breakthrough Technologies program. At RMI we work to accelerate the transition to a sustainable future. A critical part of our work is identifying process and technology gaps, as well as their critical market barriers. Clean technologies have struggled to deploy commercially and at the unprecedented scale and speed required to meet 1.5 degree targets. To address these challenges, the Breakthrough Technology team works to identify the mechanisms to unlock markets, to accelerate commercialization of emerging technologies and solutions, and to demonstrate market development pathways.
This hire will work as an integral part of RMI’s Breakthrough Technologies team, while also being a part of RMI’s broader Marketing & Communications team. RMI communications plans utilize diverse channels and media. A successful hire will enjoy executing the program communications strategy, both individually and through effectively engaging in-house functional experts in editorial, design, traditional and digital media, and web for the benefit of their programs. S/he will enjoy working across programs, and with partners and other outside resources, and will have 1-2 years M&C experience including B2B marketing and communications. Expertise in the energy system is highly desired. This hire will exhibit high intellectual curiosity toward the market space.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support communications to both internal and external stakeholders across multiple channels
- Develop communication content and assets, including brochures, presentations, videos, reports, blogs, concept notes, grant proposals, web content, and social media posts
- Research and craft audience-specific messages
- Manage communication projects from inception to completion, working with editorial, design, and media to ensure projects are completed on time and in line with requirements
- Write press materials including pitch letters, press releases and fact sheets, and work with journalists, bloggers, social media influencers and new media (i.e. podcasters) to secure media placements
- Maintain editorial calendar to ensure all program communication activities are coordinated, including things like internal and external publications, speaking engagements, program events, and digital and social media campaigns
- Develop and maintain program content library to provide access to approved content for things like messaging, impact statements, and stats
- Collect and report on metrics associated with marketing campaigns to track progress
- Research and evaluate new communications and marketing tools as needed
- Provide project-specific communications support as needed
- Maintain and grow program-specific contact list in Salesforce/Pardot for direct marketing campaigns, newsletter distribution, and event invitations
- An intense drive for results and impact
- 3-5 years' experience in marketing and communications disciplines
- Excellent initiative, follow-through and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at tailoring communication to different audiences (e.g., in-depth for industry audiences; simplified for lay audiences).
- Flexible and comfortable working in an iterative manner in a fluid environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal/collaborative skills with staff and counterparts at all organizational levels and with external partners
- Passion for RMI’s mission and theory of change
The position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the COVID-19 situation improves, it is expected that this role will be based out of one of our offices in Washington, D.C., Boulder, or Basalt, Colorado. This will be discussed further throughout the interview process.
The starting salary for this position is $55-$60,000, with potential to earn more dependent upon experience that will be discussed and vetted through the interview process. This position also includes an additional 5% bonus target.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
Rocky Mountain Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Rocky Mountain Institute
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 250 works relentlessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $70 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing, China.