Boulder Office Coordinator
Rocky Mountain Institute is seeking an Office Coordinator to support our Boulder office. The Office Coordinator provides reception and administrative services at our Boulder location and manages general inboxes for the entire Institute. This person will serve as the first point of contact for staff and guests and will be the primary contact for all property-related management. The ideal candidate will become an integral partner in modeling the culture, efficiency and atmosphere of our Boulder office.
*The RMI Boulder office is still officially closed due to COVID-19 protocols, so this position will start out part time, and will shift to full time as we phase back to full operation, likely sometime in the first half of 2021.
- Welcome guests and assist them in finding their way around the office (when physical office reopens)
- Ensure the reception area and shared office areas remain tidy and presentable
- Answer calls for the main RMI phone number
- Check and respond to inquiries for the general voicemail
- Answer & redirect emails as appropriate from the general email inbox
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail, coordinate pickup and delivery of Fedex, UPS express mail
- Order and coordinate weekly grocery delivery (when physical office re-opens)
- Coordinate staff kitchen upkeep schedule (when physical office re-opens)
- Assist with meeting and event setup; in-person and virtual
- Maintain internal documentation for office systems, processes and building amenities
- Drive internal office communications through Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint
- Manage staff access to building and parking garages
- Primary contact with building manager for office maintenance, troubleshooting, scheduling and related communications to staff
- Primary contact for office operations vendors; submit vendor invoices through Mavenlink payment system
- Coordinate office energy monitoring program and reporting requirements
- Lead building tours
- Close the office doors and turn off lights/technology at the end of each workday
- Maintain supply of RMI collateral and publications
- Assist CEO office as requested with scheduling and travel planning
- Act as a culture leader supporting office and team building activities
- Work with RMI Crisis Management team to develop office Covid-19 protocol and response, implement protocol, procure sanitation and disinfectant supplies
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, self-directed and ambitious
- Excellent Customer Service skills and mindset
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce
- Proven attention to detail and follow-through
- Motivation to seek ways to improve systems and processes
- Enthusiastic culture driver
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years experience in an administrative or operational role
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 403b retirement options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development (including LinkedIn Learning access)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
While the transmission of Covid-19 remains a risk, this position is currently hybrid office-based and remote work. You will be expected to visit the office on a weekly/as-needed basis to complete certain tasks (e.g., check mail, restock sanitation supplies, etc.)
$22.00 per hour. There is potential to earn more dependent on experience that will be discussed throughout the interview process, and this role has an additional 5% bonus target.
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social identities—is critical to the success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
Rocky Mountain Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Rocky Mountain Institute
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 250 works relentlessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $70 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing, China.