Development Corporate Coordinator
The Development team at RMI is seeking an experienced Corporate Coordinator with exceptional organizational, project management, and communication skills. This position will support frontline fundraisers each managing multi-million dollar portfolios in [international institutions, philanthropy, corporates, and governments]. The Corporate Coordinator will drive several critical processes on behalf of our fundraising team including: project managing successful proposals, coordinating reports and ongoing stewardship materials, assisting with donor data and management, and maintaining momentum on ongoing activities and external relationships. This person will also coordinate with programmatic and operational staff across RMI while building effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Under the direction of fundraisers, manage proposals development processes, including:
- Coordinating among RMI teams including program staff and finance
- Setting realistic timelines and ensuring deadlines are met
- Managing workflows and securing approvals for materials including proposal narratives and budgets, and ensuring high attention-to-detail of the complete proposal package
- Track upcoming donor reports, coordinate with program teams to develop narrative reports, coordinate with finance team on financial reports, and work with fundraisers to design and execute comprehensive stewardship plans.
- Support fundraisers in key meetings with donors and external stakeholders, and manage follow up.
- Maintain high-quality and up-to-date data in Salesforce and Sharepoint
- Liaison between the program team and RMI’s operational departments
- Additional responsibilities, as required
- Under direction of the fundraisers, manage ongoing communications with counterparts at corporate partners
- When gifts or grants are secured, work with corporate or corporate foundation staff on grant agreements and contract execution.
- Work with fundraisers to develop and implement comprehensive corporate engagement plans, coordinating with teams across RMI.
- Create meeting briefings, corporate donor profiles, and talking points for senior leadership.
- Assist with donor research, helping fundraisers identify corporate engagement opportunities that align with RMI’s global portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative, operations, project management or related experience
- Experience in fundraising and/or proposal development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software skills
- Proven organization skills and flexibility when it comes to balancing priorities
- Attention to detail and exceptional accuracy
- Experience working with senior staff in various organizations and governments
- Experience with Salesforce
- Interest in philanthropy and international development
- Proactive attitude and the ability to anticipate need
- Excellent and intuitive writing and editing skills
- Strong team and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Good judgment and strong decision-making ability
- Proficient in SharePoint
- Willingness to travel
- Interest in international development
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
As such, it is one of our core values, and we strive for a level of diversity within our organization that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or other social identities—is critical to the long-term success of each RMIer and collectively as an organization, ensuring that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents within diverse communities.
Rocky Mountain Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match after the first year)
- Generous PTO policy
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual work environment
The starting salary for this role is $60,500 and includes a 5% bonus target. There is potential to earn more dependent on experience that will be discussed throughout the interview process.
This position will be remote through the COVID-19 pandemic. Once the situation improves and our offices reopen, it will be expected to have this role sit at one of our U.S. office locations.
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of 250+ works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is a fast growing, independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a 2020-2021 annual budget of $70+ million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York, NY; Oakland, CA; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing, China.