Pardot Email Marketing Lead
Rocky Mountain Institute is seeking a Pardot Email Marketing Lead to accelerate growth for our lead generation activities by executing best-in-class email marketing campaigns to help drive interest and awareness in our reports, thought leadership, and promotion efforts.
Part of RMI’s centralized communications team, this independent contributor role will support RMI’s program marketers to develop and execute B2B email marketing campaigns that drive quality leads and pipeline and build customer loyalty through optimized campaigns and nurture programs. This person will ensure that RMI’s stakeholders are engaged at the optimal frequency and that RMI is on the forefront of best practices and is legally compliant.
The ideal candidate is an expert using the Pardot marketing automation platform to create and build successful email programs and campaigns. This person is high growth-obsessed and analytical to effectively measure and lead email marketing programs, and who will passionately seek to test, improve, and optimize wherever possible. With the ability to strongly impact growth, the Email Marketing Lead will be results-oriented and must have the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to supporting program marketers, this hire will partner with RMI’s Salesforce database administrator and with RMI’s development team which manages direct and digital outreach to RMI’s donors and prospects. This position reports to RMI's Senior Director of Marketing & Communications and is located either in Boulder, CO; Oakland, CA; Washington D.C.; or New York, NY.
- Drive stakeholder engagement through consistent and timely execution of Pardot email outreach campaigns
- Conceptualize and develop segmentation strategies to ensure email relevance to industry influencers, donors and prospects
- Identify, test and implement new strategies to improve click through, open, and conversion rates
- Partner with internal graphics design team and program marketers to manage and optimize the design concepts, content and layout of all email communications
- Ensure brand consistency in image and voice in all email touch points including marketing and nurture communications
- Identify options to grow database including organic growth and data purchases
- Expand and optimize nurture email programs through testing and personalization
- Maintain and optimize email deliverability and global compliance
- Analyze, monitor and communicate performance of email initiatives to marketing team
- Develop (or source if cost effective) a Pardot certification program for internal system users.
- Maintain RMI calendar of email marketing campaigns and outreach activity; establish rules of engagement; ensure contacts are not over-communicated to minimize unsubscribes
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in email marketing
- Experience using Salesforce.com and Pardot required
- Thorough understanding of email marketing best practices, strategies, and tools
- Ability to influence and work cross-functionally across multiple internal teams
- Understanding of how to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships through reliability and professionalism
- Excellent customer service skills and mindset
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly articulate impact
- Self-starter that is comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment, taking initiative with limited resources and making data-driven decisions
- Comfortable managing multiple assignments with competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Previous email marketing experience within a non-profit organization
- Experience with developing demand marketing campaigns, including integrated drip campaigns with meaningful results
- A drive for results and impact
- Excellent initiative and follow-through and project management skills
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal collaborative skills with staff and counterparts at all organizational levels and with external partners
- Creative thinker
- Proficient at tailoring communication to different audiences (e.g., in-depth for industry audiences; simplified for lay audiences)
- Passion for RMI’s mission
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Diversity of our workforce is one of our core values at RMI and we strive to achieve a level of diversity within our organization that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this diversity – whether of race, gender, sexual orientation, or ability – is critical to our long-term success, ensuring that we:
- Have the diversity of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges
- Have a culture of inclusion and respect that enables us to attract and keep diverse talent
- Able to access all available talent
- Communicate across diverse audiences
Increasing diversity within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment
The target salary for this role is $60,000/year DOE, and will have an additional 5% bonus target
If you have issues submitting your application or uploading your documents, please email: email@example.com
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.