Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of 250 works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to energy solutions focused on electrification, deep efficiency, and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of more $50 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; Oakland, California; New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.
This position is open to all U.S. RMI office locations, and will be remote through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reporting to the CFO, the FP&A Manager will act as a business partner to the RMI portfolio of programs, assisting with financial and KPI reporting and planning to help the programs meet goals and run more efficiently.
- Support monthly program-level and portfolio reporting of financial results, operational metrics, and 12-month rolling forecast to senior management and the board of trustees.
- Partner effectively with program leadership, program coordinators, and the accounting team to drive financial results and efficiency across the program portfolio.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategy of each program and how each uniquely operates and measures success. Co-create customized reporting, forecasting, and KPIs that reflect the unique work of each program.
- Increase program team productivity by effectively utilizing Adaptive Insights to develop and optimize automated processes and reporting. Continually improve the quality and scalability of program reporting, analysis, planning, and relevant processes. Simplify wherever possible.
- Translate financial results, forecasts, and KPIs into meaningful insights and recommended actions.
- Perform business case analysis to support decision making around the portfolio and new project
- Assist CFO with forecasting, scenario planning, and ad hoc analysis.
- 5-8 years of experience in FP&A, or other relevant FP&A fields
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Significant analytical skillset, including advanced skills in Adaptive Insights and Excel model building and analysis
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques and best practices
- Ability to think strategically, beyond the numbers
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a fast-paced growth environment
- Customer-service mindset
- Previous experience with a non-profit
Diversity of our workforce is one of our core values at RMI and we strive to achieve a level of diversity within our organization that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this diversity – whether of race, gender, sexual orientation, or ability – is critical to our long-term success, ensuring that we:
- Have the diversity of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges
- Have a culture of inclusion and respect that enables us to attract and keep diverse talent
- Able to access all available talent
- Communicate across diverse audiences
Increasing diversity within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match after the first year)
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment
This position is open to all RMI office locations, will be remote through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rocky Mountain Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.