Marketing Operations Manager
Rocky Mountain Institute is seeking an experienced Marketing Operations Manager to lead its demand generation, content marketing and direct outreach efforts. This person will own RMI’s direct outreach program, ensuring that stakeholders are effectively engaged and that each program has an effective and targeted content marketing program in place. This hire will be part of RMI’s centralized communications team and will support over ten programs / program marketers—who are embedded directly into RMI program teams—in developing, executing, and evaluating the results of targeted marketing campaigns. RMI programs cover diverse topics and industries including electricity, industry and heavy transport, buildings and energy efficiency, personal mobility, and climate finance.
This individual will ensure RMI programs are growing their database of contacts as they engage in the industry, publish reports and thought leadership, or source contacts through data suppliers. In partnership with the digital and media team, s/he will develop “buyer’s journey” campaigns leveraging all communication channels and coordinated, captured, and measured via marketing automation tools and technologies. This person will ensure that RMI’s stakeholders are engaged at the optimal frequency and that RMI is on the forefront of best practices and is legally compliant.
In addition to closely working very closely with RMI Program Marketers, this hire also will partner with RMI’s Database Administrator who ensures RMI's database maintains integrity. This hire will also coordinate closely with RMI’s Development team which manages direct outreach to RMI’s donors and prospects to increase subscribers and conversion rates and ensure that all direct communications are effective and strategic and are happening at an appropriate frequency. This position reports to RMI's Senior Director of Marketing & Communications and is located either in Boulder, CO or New York, NY.
- Guide creation of demand marketing campaigns in partnership with Program Marketers
- Establish and execute campaigns through Pardot
- Leverage content marketing strategies to disseminate content and drive conversion
- Provide campaign results to Program Marketers and other program staff, and recommend ongoing improvements to enhance results
- With a working knowledge of program target audiences provided by Program Marketers, identify options to grow the program’s stakeholder database including organic growth (from downloads) and data purchases.
- Lead the creation of RMI’s standard processes around direct marketing and ensure that those processes are followed Institute-wide.
- Execute data purchases and integrate data into Salesforce, partnering with RMI’s Database Administrator to ensure long-term data integrity
- Ensure RMI maintains legal compliance with all direct communications
- Determine level of Pardot training Program Marketers should have. If needed, develop (or source if cost effective) a certification program for internal system users. Coordinate with Salesforce training procedures as they are interfacing systems.
- Work with RMI design team to ensure RMI has the appropriate email templates for its diversity of direct communication needs.
- Maintain RMI calendar of marketing campaigns and outreach activity; establish rules of engagement; deconflict with other communications (e.g., ensure contacts are not overcommunicated to minimize unsubscribes)
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience overseeing demand marketing campaigns and at least 7 years overall marketing and communications experience.
- In-depth knowledge of direct marketing tools / systems. Deep experience with Salesforce and Pardot (RMI’s toolset) is very strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of content marketing best practices, strategies, and tools
- Previous demand gen experience within a non-profit organization
- Experience with developing demand marketing campaigns, including integrated drip campaigns with meaningful results
- Experience with crafting content experiences and buyers' journey (B2B and B2C) and with creating sales/marketing alignment from prospect through close
- Expertise on legal requirements of direct marketing (e.g., CAN-SPAM, EU’s GDPR)
- A drive for results and impact
- Excellent initiative and follow-through and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal collaborative skills with staff and counterparts at all organizational levels and with external partners
- Creative thinker
- Proficient at tailoring communication to different audiences (e.g., in-depth for industry audiences; simplified for lay audiences)
- Passion for RMI’s mission
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Boulder, CO or New York City
Diversity of our workforce is one of our core values at RMI and we strive to achieve a level of diversity within our organization that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this diversity – whether of race, gender, sexual orientation, or ability – is critical to our long-term success, ensuring that we:
- Have the diversity of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges
- Have a culture of inclusion and respect that enables us to attract and keep diverse talent
- Able to access all available talent
- Communicate across diverse audiences
Increasing diversity within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment
The starting salary for this position is $76,500. You may be eligible to earn more dependent on experience that is vetted throughout our interview process.
If you have issues submitting your application or uploading your documents, please email: email@example.com
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.