Senior Director of Program Services
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 220 works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $52 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Washington, D.C.; Oakland, California; and Beijing.
RMI is looking for a Senior Director of Program Services to support the tactical execution and efficient delivery of Institute strategic and program impact goals, driving operational excellence and scalability.
The Senior Director of Program Services (Business Operations) will be a strategic operational partner, responsible for 4 key areas of support:
- Business processes
- Collaborate with Institute leadership to identify key business processes and develop effective and efficient processes and systems to support the programmatic and operational business of the Institute.
- Lead efforts to identify, improve, streamline and standardize processes.
- Document and implement revised processes and accompanying policies.
- Continue to monitor effectiveness and support as needed.
- Identify where changes to policy and process can improve the organization’s ability to achieve its mission
- Refine organizational project management guidelines and training.
- Support CRM and account management processes.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement of systems, processes, and workflows to increase productivity
- With the CFO and the IT Director, define technology strategy, governance, security, and risk management to effectively support business needs
- Coordinate with the internal infrastructure team and external service provider
- Manage team of application specialists who currently support the Institute's use of Microsoft 365, Salesforce, and Mavenlink
- Coordinate with administrators of development, finance and HR software.
- Ensure seamless integration of systems in support of RMI business processes and revenue generation.
- Identify and prioritize system enhancements
3. Data and Impact Management
- Support programs and internal strategy teams with data and analysis needs
- Lead Institute-wide document and knowledge management efforts on Sharepoint
- Build a globally relevant monitoring and evaluation function to measure Institute’s impact and indicators of progress towards mission related goals and financial health.
- Together with local office managers, manage facility needs across established US offices in Basalt, CO; Boulder, CO; New York; Oakland, CA; and Washington, D.C.
- Support foreign offices and the establishment of new domestic and international offices.
Bachelors degree in business and/or computer science
- 7+ years progressive relevant experience
- Expertise in aligning and leveraging business processes with evolving technology
- Outstanding project and business management capabilities, including knowledge of best practices in lean nonprofit outcomes measurement, business process and agile project management techniques
- Experience in a Microsoft 365 environment, particularly Sharepoint
- Effective relationship-building skills; ability to facilitate collaborative team work and execute on a shared vision
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong listening, communication, change management, and negotiation skills
- Service-orientation, focused on stakeholder needs and customer (internal team) experience
- A passion for the Institute’s mission to deliver a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
- Able to manage growth and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Understanding of nonprofit business models, philanthropic and multilateral funding requirements, and program support
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
Diversity of our workforce is one of our core values at RMI and we strive to achieve a level of diversity within our organization that reflects the communities that we serve. Achieving this diversity—whether of race, gender, sexual orientation, or ability—is critical to our long-term success, ensuring that we:
- Have the diversity of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges
- Have a culture of inclusion and respect that enables us to attract and keep diverse talent
- Are able to secure the talent that we need with access to the full talent pool
- Are able to relate to decision makers within diverse communities
Increasing diversity within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.