Program Marketing Lead - Global Climate Finance
Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) is seeking an experienced Program Marketing Lead to drive marketing and communications strategy and execution for its Climate Alignment initiative. This new initiative, led by RMI’s Global Climate Finance program, will partner with leading actors in finance (e.g. banks, asset managers, asset owners) to help steer the global economy toward “climate-aligned” pathways—or pathways consistent with the goals set in the Paris Agreement. The initiative will work closely with its partners, likeminded NGOs, and other organizations to run a global communications campaign to cement the concept of climate alignment and establish it as an industry standard for financial institutions globally.
This hire will work as an integral part of the Global Climate Finance team dedicated to this initiative, while also being a part of RMI’s broader Marketing & Communications (M&C) team.
RMI communications plans utilize diverse channels and media. A successful hire will enjoy developing strategy and executing that work, both individually and through effectively engaging in-house functional experts (this in-house team supports all RMI programs and fundraising) in editorial, design, traditional and digital media, and web. S/he will work closely with the Climate Finance Program Marketer to ensure Center strategy aligns with overall program strategy and goals.
This position reports to the project leads of the Climate Alignment initiative.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead overall communications strategy for RMI’s climate alignment initiative, which will launch this year
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver integrated marketing plans and communications campaigns for the Center that leverage diverse channels including media relations, social / digital, events, direct communications, and RMI- and partner-owned assets
- Leverage media networks and news making moments, milestones, outcomes and impacts to drive awareness and interest in the Center with target audiences, influencers, and donors to create a larger public discourse on climate alignment for the financial sector
- Develop substantive understanding of the technical content for the Center-owned impact areas and sector and be able to articulate the impact and strategy across all communication collaterals
- Collaborate with and leverage in-house communications capabilities (i.e., editorial, design, web, traditional and social media) and 3rd-party agencies and media networks to develop collaterals and content including the website, social media channels, newsletters, donor reports, among others.
- Seek out and develop new and strategic communications partnerships with like-minded institutions, NGOs and/or advocacy groups in the target markets
- Develop and report against metrics of success for outreach
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop clearly articulated fundraising materials and collaterals for the Center
- Direct RMI technical experts into the right conversations (media, social, other) that are shaping target audience sentiment and provide strategic advice on content, messaging, and delivery
- Steward program brand across all communications channels and opportunities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- An intense drive for results and impact
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing and communications disciplines, with clear experience in developing strategies and leading successful communications campaigns
- Excellent initiative and follow-through and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including communicating at different levels of depth (more in-depth for industry audiences; simplified for lay audiences)
- Basic knowledge of design software(s) and advanced understanding of MS Office suite
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal / collaborative skills with staff and counterparts at all organizational levels and with external partners
- Passion for RMI’s mission and theory of change
- Expertise in the financial sector and markets and on climate/sustainability issues
- High intellectual curiosity
New York City (desired) or Washington, DC
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment
Diversity of our workforce is one of our core values at RMI and we strive to achieve a level of diversity within our organization that reflects the communities that we serve. Achieving this diversity—whether of race, gender, sexual orientation, or ability—is critical to our long-term success, ensuring that we:
- Have the diversity of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges
- Have a culture of inclusion and respect that enables us to attract and keep diverse talent
- Are able to secure the talent that we need with access to the full talent pool
- Are able to relate to decision makers within diverse communities
Increasing diversity within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future. RMI is an equal opportunity employer
If you have issues submitting your application or uploading your documents, please email: email@example.com
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.