Industry Program Marketing Specialist
Rocky Mountain Institute is seeking a Program Marketing Associate to support the marketing and communications (M&C) strategy and execution for the RMI Industry program. The program has several initiatives focused on reducing global emissions in industry and the hard to abate sectors. This hire will work as an integral part of RMI’s Industry team, while also being a part of RMI’s broader Marketing & Communications team.
RMI communications plans utilize diverse channels and media. A successful hire will enjoy executing the program communications strategy, both individually and through effectively engaging in-house functional experts in editorial, design, traditional and digital media, and web for the benefit of their programs. S/he will enjoy working across programs, and with partners and other outside resources, and will have 1-2 years M&C experience including B2B marketing and communications. Expertise in the energy system is highly desired. This hire will exhibit high intellectual curiosity toward the market space.
located in Boulder, Colorado.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support communications to both internal and external stakeholders across multiple channels.
- Develop communication content and assets, including brochures, presentations, videos, reports, blogs, concept notes, grant proposals, web content, and social media posts
- Manage communication projects from inception to completion, working with editorial, design, and media to ensure projects are completed on time and in line with requirements
- Write press materials including pitch letters, press releases and fact sheets, and work with journalists, bloggers, social media influencers and new media (i.e. podcasters) to secure media placements
- Draft and implement content marketing campaigns, including things like social media posts and campaigns, web content, and email marketing campaigns
- Maintain editorial calendar to ensure all program communication activities are coordinated, including things like internal and external publications, speaking engagements, program events, and digital and social media campaigns
- Develop and maintain program content library to provide access to approved content for things like messaging, impact statements, and stats
- Collect and report on metrics associated with marketing campaigns to track progress
- Research and evaluate new communications and marketing tools as needed.
- Provide project-specific communications support as needed
- Maintain and grow program-specific contact list in Salesforce/Pardot for direct marketing campaigns, newsletter distribution, and event invitations
- An intense drive for results and impact
- 1-2 years experience in marketing and communications disciplines, with clear experience in developing strategies and leading successful communications campaigns
- Excellent initiative, follow-through and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal/collaborative skills with staff and counterparts at all organizational levels and with external partners
- Passion for RMI’s mission and theory of change
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer