Web Development Associate
About Rocky Mountain Institute
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of 200+ works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is a fast growing, independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a 2019-2020 annual budget of $57 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York, NY; Oakland, CA; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing, China.
Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) is seeking an experienced Web Associate to join our Marketing & Communications team to design, build, test, optimize, and maintain our web properties and applications. This hire will work with our Web Manager, Marketing Operations Manager, design team, and external vendors to support RMI’s web needs. They will work closely with Program Marketers to understand program goals, requirements, and constraints and deliver web products and services to efficiently increase RMI’s scale and impact.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, detail-oriented problem solver with excellent customer service skills and the ability to multitask under pressure. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment within tight deadlines is required. A strong desire to make a difference in to accelerating renewable energy and responding to the urgent climate crisis is preferred.
This position is based in Boulder, CO and reports to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Gather and document goals, requirements, and constraints for web projects
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Add content to websites via a CMS
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Collect and implement client and user feedback
- Monitor, assess, and improve new and legacy web properties and codebases
- Collect and provide relevant web analytics to monitor for bugs and opportunities to improve user-experience and to provide stakeholders with valuable data and insights
- Work closely with the Web Manager to ensure that final products adhere to predetermined budgets, scope, and design
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Work with Marketing Operations Manager to optimize landing pages and support program launches and promotional efforts
- Create documentation and training for admins on how to use a CMS and run analytics reports
- Review analytics and adjust strategy and tactics accordingly and in real-time to optimize our online presence based on performance
- Provide support to each of our programs on an as-needed basis.
- At least three years of relevant web design and development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Experience with frameworks
- Working proficiency with relevant query languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- DNS/SSL and relevant hosting environments (e.g., Digital Ocean as well as more managed hosts like WPEngine or Kinsta)
- Git (working proficiency)
- Command line (NPM, build tools such as Gulp and/or Webpack)
- Basic knowledge of SEO and SEM best practice
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals
- Strong communication skills
- An intense drive for results and impact
- Passion to change the way we use energy and tackle climate changes
- Experience with database systems such as Salesforce and marketing automation systems such as Pardot, Marketo, Eloqua a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment