Digital Media Intern
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of over 220 works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $46 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.
Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) is seeking an entrepreneurial, motivated, creative-minded and social media-savvy intern to work on launching high-profile digital marketing campaigns.
We are seeking an intern with a strong desire to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy and tackle climate change. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work with a team in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. Interns will assist with daily operations such as digital marketing, ad creative/copy building, audience targeting, research, analyzing metrics, social media, and liaising across 13 programs in the Buildings, Electricity, Transportation, Industry and Global Energy Transitions sectors.
This position is based in Boulder, CO and reports to the Digital Media Manager.
- Support social media campaigns across 13 programs—write and produce clear and compelling digital content to a variety of audiences in support of diverse programs in electricity / renewable energy, aviation, shipping, trucking, personal mobility, building efficiency, islands, and our work in Africa, China, India and more.
- Help build and optimize web pages for a suite of websites including RMI.org, NACFE.org, using the Wordpress content management system.
- Schedule planned digital messaging across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other platforms.
- Complete weekly metrics reports on media and social media, web and blog activity
- Using tools like Cision, SproutSocial, PRWeb, Wordpress, Pardot, Google Analytics and more.
- Set up meetings/interviews, capture action items, update status reports.
- Monitor social media and stay ahead of news events and media trends/conversations in key industries.
- Support reactive media requests from journalists for organizational information, commentary/interviews, spokespeople, and event participation.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s program, ideally Sophomore and Junior applicants
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, over 12 weeks throughout Summer 2020
- Digitally savvy; experience with B2B social media marketing experience is a plus
- Experience with the latest social media platforms as well as Google Analytics is a plus
- Excellent written communication skills
- Highly organized, meticulously attentive to detail, and good at multitasking
- Excellent initiative and follow-through
- Very creative, innovative, and a problem-solver
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal / collaborative skills with staff and counterparts at all organizational levels and with external partners
- An intense drive for results and impact
- Passion to change the way we use energy and tackle climate change
This is a paid marketing internship for 40 hours per week, over the course of 12 weeks at our office in Boulder, Colorado.
What will you walk away with?
- Learn the basics of B2B social media marketing and the use of digital tools for analyzing online data.
- Master content writing and ad / creative building to inform our diverse audience of C-suite leaders, businesses, NGOs, government, policymakers, researchers, engineers, journalists/media and more.
- Develop an eye for a sharp, relevant news angle in the energy & environment field.
- Work alongside our Marketing & Communications team to test and refine our social media and email platforms.
- Exposure to the organization of 200 clean energy-focused researchers, operations staff and senior leaders.