Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of 200+ works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is a fast growing, independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a 2019-2020 annual budget of $57 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York, NY; Oakland, CA; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing, China.
Rocky Mountain Institute is seeking candidates to fill a Prospect and Content Research Intern for the Development Office. We are currently looking to fill position that conducts prospect research and provides reports related to prospective donors and their content giving interest. This position relies heavily on internet research and the use of prospect research tools such as Wealth-X, RelSci and DonorSearch. Intern will complete a project that specifically builds a prospect pipeline for a key RMI strategy associated with one or more of the Seven Challenges for the Energy Transition, culminating with a lunch and learn presentation for all-staff.
- Conduct in-depth research on major gift prospects, to include individuals, corporations, and foundations who may have an interest in funding RMI.
- Provide time-sensitive prospect research to Development Officers. Research may be requested by geographic area, gift objective, constituency, or other criteria.
- Assists with discovery of new major-gift prospects.
- Assists in maintenance of the major-gift prospects management system in the database, including enrichment of the data.
- Meet required deadlines in responding to research requests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Experience and familiarity with search engines and Boolean logic, and an interest in learning more.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels, often under pressure, remaining positive, flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient, and managing multiple demands.
- Ability to manage several responsibilities at a time while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Attention to detail and exceptional accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Calendar functions, Sharepoint, OneDrive, Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Salesforce .
- Strong team and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.