Administrative Assistant - Finance, Buildings & Cities Programs
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 220 works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $52 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Washington, D.C.; Oakland, California; and Beijing.
Rocky Mountain Institute is seeking an administrative professional with exceptional organizational and communication skills to provide cross-program administrative and operational support (namely to leadership in the Global Climate Finance, Buildings, and Cities Programs). This individual will report directly to Managing Director, Paul Bodnar, and will be based in Boulder, CO. This individual will also provide additional support to Washington D.C based leadership.
- Professional Service and Support: provides comprehensive administrative service to Global Climate Finance Managing Director, Paul Bodnar, and Principals Rushad Nanavatty and Brian O’Hanlon. Additionally, this individual will provide broader administrative support (30-40%) to Boulder based leadership in the Buildings Program. Responsibilities include managing files, schedules appointments, meetings and calls across multiple time zones, maintains calendars; understands priorities and commitments of the executives and is able to make adjustments as seamlessly as possible – often with little advance notice; manages expense reporting, timesheets and associated documentation; screens an manages phone traffic and postal mail; handles email requests and follow ups as needed.
- Travel Schedule and Support: creates and manages logistical and booking details related to domestic and international travel (including visa applications; provides solutions to unanticipated changes to travel schedules; ensures travel, lodging and scheduling is virtually error free; submits expense reports for leadership staff in timely manner.
- Technical and Tools Knowledge: maintains a high level of knowledge of and facility with office tools and software including Microsoft Office, SharePoint/OneDrive, Google Documents, and video conferencing systems. Actively pursues improvement in skill levels. Understands the basic functioning and troubleshooting of iPhones, printers and other devices. Able to assist with data entry into Salesforce and Excel.
- Dependability: can be counted on to assist with projects outside areas of primary responsibility and deliver work in the timeframe identified.
- Flexibility: able to graciously and efficiently handle unanticipated changes to schedules, plans and workloads; approaches difficult situations with a positive attitude and looks for solutions.
- Represents RMI: exhibits a high level of professionalism in interaction with others. Communicates clearly and efficiently verbally and in writing and has superior listening skills. Interacts with others in a professional manner. Represents RMI to the outside world, often by engaging with people at the highest levels in corporations, foundations, government, and academic solutions.
- Minimum three years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Calendar functions, Google Docs, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, video conference systems and typical contact database software
- Experience planning domestic and international travel, including managing and planning around multiple time zones.
- Able to manage several responsibilities at a time while ensuring exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive Problem Solver, can anticipate challenges and opportunities for the staff he or she supports
- Ability to build and develop strong rapport and working relationships with all staff, and maintain strong team and interpersonal skills with the capability to work independently.
- Must be well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting executive-level individuals
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels, often under pressure, remaining positive, flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient, and managing multiple demands
- Ability to maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality always
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgment and strong decision-making ability
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.