Digital Media Manager
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 220 works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $52 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Washington, D.C.; Oakland, California; and Beijing.
Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) is seeking an experienced, innovative Digital Media Manager to develop, lead, and execute our digital media strategy. This hire will build, maintain, and optimize digital marketing channels such as social (paid and earned), paid search, and PPC. The ideal candidate has proven experience optimizing ROI across these channels and will be responsible for developing our social media strategy, reflective of the brand and business goals, to engage key audiences and leads across our target industries and segments.
The Digital Media Manager is an integral member of RMI’s Marketing & Communications (M&C) team and will work closely with our Web Manager and Marketing Operations Manager to drive digital marketing, demand generation, and retargeting campaigns. A strong desire to make a difference in accelerating the adoption of renewable energy and tackling climate change is preferred.
This position is based in Boulder, CO and reports to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Manage the day-to-day social media content for RMI’s brand accounts and manage the content calendar
- Monitor and respond for interactions important to the company
- Produce clear and compelling digital content, including graphics, in support of RMI’s diverse programmatic work and donor cultivation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Program Marketers, to maximize reach of social media efforts and ensure alignment across campaigns, channels and teams
- Create campaigns to grow engagement within the social media and community space
- Effectively use audience segmentation and ad optimization resources to fully capitalize on earned and paid reach and results
- Review and report on social media analytics to quantify and qualify effectiveness of social media content and campaigns
- Proficiency in a variety of social media tools and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience running successful social media campaigns on both small and large scales
- Utilize Hootsuite to schedule planned digital messaging across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and others
- Provide on-going recommendations to the team to enhance our digital marketing and social media reach based on performance analytics.
- Provide support to each of our programs on an as-needed basis.
- 5 years’ experience with content creation and digital media strategy in a fast-paced environment; experience in digital marketing, content marketing and/or demand generation a plus
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives
- Experience with creating programs and measuring performance for Google AdWords, display advertising, remarketing, paid social, and more
- Strong strategy, problem solving, storytelling and presentation skills
- Deep analytical skill set to identify insights and optimize execution of digital campaigns/programs
- Demonstrated ability to champion projects from concept to completion
- Ability to operate on both analytic and creative levels
- Excellent time management and project management skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Possess strong organizational skills and execution skills
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal / collaborative skills with staff and internal clients at all organizational levels and with external partners
- Self-starter and able to work under ambiguity and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications or relevant degree
- An intense drive for results and impact
- Passion to change the way we use energy and tackle climate changes
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.