Help Desk Specialist
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 200 works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $46 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.
Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) is seeking a Help Desk Specialist with exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills to manage our current help desk contractors, as well as provide tier 3 support, including troubleshooting, researching, solving and documenting complex problems. The Help Desk Specialist will work with the IT Manager and IT Director to complete other IT department project work.
The ideal candidate is an IT professional with 1-5 years of experience who and enjoys working in a results-driven, team environment. The Help Desk Specialist should demonstrate strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, with strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills. The Help Desk Specialist should have the ability to work independently on projects, periodically work under pressure, and communicate effectively with diverse Program and Operations staff. A summary of responsibilities includes:
- Supervise contractor tier 1 helpdesk staff.
- Own, research, and document solutions to Tier 2 and 3 tickets.
- Own and manage the help desk knowledgebase.
- Support the IT Manager’s work with Asset Management.
- Work with IT Manager and Director on IT projects as a contributor or a project manager.
- Interface with all RMI employees, vendors and visitors with a professional, positive attitude and a willingness to help out.
- At least one year of experience in an IT support position.
- At least one year supporting and troubleshooting Office 365.
- Helpful, positive attitude, desire to proactively support RMI’s mission.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Successful candidate will be a self-motivated, independent learner, who can successfully utilize all available tools to find solutions to problems where the answer is not readily apparent.
- At least one year administering Office 365 including exposure to powershell, exchange online, and Azure Active directory.
- Experience administering Skype for Business/Teams voice implementations
- At least one year supporting and troubleshooting SharePoint Online.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting AV and video conferencing equipment.
- At least one year of tier 1 support and troubleshooting of internet and networking components.
- Experience as a Team Leader or other management experience.
- Experiencing training non-technical staff on technical topics.
- Passion for the mission of RMI
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Experience in implementing ITIL (or similar methodology) to improve helpdesk management.
- Technical documentation skills
- Project coordination skills
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and exceptional accuracy
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Parental Leave
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment
Diversity of our workforce is one of our core values at RMI and we strive to achieve a level of diversity within our organization that reflects the communities that we serve. Achieving this diversity—whether of race, gender, sexual orientation, or ability—is critical to our long-term success, ensuring that we:
- Have the diversity of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges
- Have a culture of inclusion and respect that enables us to attract and keep diverse talent
- Are able to secure the talent that we need with access to the full talent pool
- Are able to relate to decision makers within diverse communities
Increasing diversity within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: Boulder, New York or Washington D.C.