Total Rewards Specialist
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 200 works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $46 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.
About the role:
We are seeking a Total Rewards Specialist as a new member of the People Team at Rocky Mountain Institute! This role will manage day to day benefits and compensation administration as well as operations of employee benefit programs and will serve as the first point of contact for all staff inquiries. The Total Rewards Specialist will also play a key role in HRIS data entry and have ownership of system integrity.
- Ongoing administration of all employee benefits programs, such as group health, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, retirement, COBRA, and rewards and recognition programs
- Data entry and maintenance of all employee information in the HRIS system
- Participate in compensation surveys through job content analysis for matching survey jobs, data collection, survey submission and results analysis
- Manage monthly benefit invoice payments and ensure all benefit compliance requirements are fulfilled
- Help execute annual benefit open enrollment. Participate in renewal meetings with benefit broker
- Support the compensation planning processes; ensure consistency, compliance and support of the company’s program and strategy; support the administration of merit and bonus program
- First point of contact for all staff benefits and compensation questions
- Partnering with Payroll to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration or related field
- Two to three years benefits or compensation administration and/or Human Resources experience.
- Prior experience in Human Capital Management systems
- Strong computer and analytical skills required (Microsoft products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to help manage multiple tasks at once, prioritize accordingly and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Employee service-oriented mindset
RMI offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment
- Appreciation of Work-Life Balance
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.