Associate / Senior Associate - Industry Program
Rocky Mountain Institute transforms global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every member of our team of nearly 200 works tirelessly to achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables by working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them, reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget of $46 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing.
- This position requires a basic level of technical, content and problem-solving skills and good interpersonal skills.
- The Associate is an independent contributor and works closely with the team on projects under the direction of more senior staff.
- Associates may have some unique skill set, but are generally asked to move across practice areas and learn a diverse range of topics.
- RMI's Industry Program works to decarbonize consumed goods, including how they are Designed, Produced and Delivered to consumers
- One of three programmatic areas focuses on decarbonizing energy supply chains
- We recently secured funding for a significant initiative with the objective to reduce methane emissions from the natural gas supply chain, and are staffing the team with one manager and two (sr) associates
- Provide quantitative analysis, modeling, and support to our projects.
- Locate and manage high quality data that allow us to shed new light on problems and solutions.
- Create creative problem solving approaches to drive project insight
- Synthesize recommendations into clear and compelling presentations and written reports.
- Present quantitative information in a clear, visual format.
- Engage with external experts via phone interviews, conferences, and on occasion responding to outreach requests.
We have two positions available. Additional Responsibilities for each are as follows:
- Will lead the work on (3) demand stimulation for low-leakage natural gas, including:
- Articulating value propositions and tailored offerings to different stakeholders
- Working closely with RMI's procurement-oriented programs (REBA, CRA, America's Pledge) to build momentum and demand
- Explore additional market opportunities, e.g., California, EU, etc
- Significant interactions with potential buyers across the U.S. and potentially internationally, requiring substantial travel (up to 50% of time)
- Will lead the work on (1) creating a baseline for methane emissions and (2) developing a certification protocol for low-leakage natural gas
- Significant interactions with industry stakeholders in Texas, including some travel (up to 30% of time)
- This position requires an individual with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with at least 2 years of workforce experience in an applicable field such as mechanical, electrical or energy engineering OR a Master's degree (or higher degree).
- Project work or prior work experience within sales and marketing of energy products
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of self-fueled drive to move process forward across many stakeholders
- Project work or prior work experience within energy markets and/or the oil & gas sector
- Modeling experience and strong problem solving skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match after the first year)
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment